Author Topic: Mega Beer Thread  (Read 3249 times)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Mega Beer Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »
I enjoy a cold Miller Lite. They got my business with the aluminum bottle. Great to be able to take a drink, put the lid on, stuff it in your bag and forget about it knowing it won't spill. But I'll pass it by for something from Green Flash any day.

At least we're not talking about being posers like those money grubbing Yankees.....
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
Good beers at GBO this weekend.  They had a Firkin on Saturday that was a Halcyon Wheat with additional Columbus & Cascade dry hopped and some bitter orange peel.
Then on Sunday they were pushing Halcyon through a Randal (hop back) with Cascade hops and a sliced up grapefruit.  Very tasty.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2013, 11:30:28 AM »
Randalling is a lot of fun.

I was a little bored with IPAs for a while and getting the mini-Randall kind of made me enjoy the style again.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2013, 01:27:20 PM »
The term "beer geeks" comes to mind. Is that a thing or did I just make it up?

I love beer and fancy myself to be bit of a connoisseur but some of you guys are on the next level. It's bad when you drink as much fine beer as I do but read a post like Rob's and have no idea what he's talking about for the most part. I had to look up randalling....  I could share it with other baffled beer drinkers but what fun is that...  ;D

It does sound like something I need to try...  8)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »
Rob, Did you get to taste the TallGrass not-yet-released IPA called Ethos?

That was tasty.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 02:06:05 PM »
Just got an e-mail letting me know that Stone Enjoy By 4/20/13 is coming to MO.  Bottled on 3/15, enjoy by or on 4/20!
I picked a bottle while in Colorado. I guess I have to drink it this week.

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
Rob, Did you get to taste the TallGrass not-yet-released IPA called Ethos?

That was tasty.

Nope.  Jeff Gill was talking about it, but didn't know it was around anywhere.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
Good beers at GBO this weekend.  They had a Firkin on Saturday that was a Halcyon Wheat with additional Columbus & Cascade dry hopped and some bitter orange peel.
Then on Sunday they were pushing Halcyon through a Randal (hop back) with Cascade hops and a sliced up grapefruit.  Very tasty.

Ya know, I enjoy a nice craft beer as much as the next guy (I'd tell you my favorite beer but you've probably never heard of it, that's how obscure it is and that's how cool and interesting I am), but that sounds like an awful lot just for some beer. I mean, pushing perfectly good beer through hops and adding fruit and sh1t? Fvck all that.

Anymore it's like someone comes out with a new craft beer, then that beer gets popular enough to where more than 12 people have tried it and heard of it, so now someone has to come up with a new beer that no one's heard of so people can think they're cool by drinking that one instead of the one from a month ago. I swear these people walk around with the label oriented outward, with the hopes that someone will notice and ask them what kind of beer they're drinking. Once that happens, the guy with the beer has accomplished his goal of seeming cool and interesting, and the guy who asked is headed to the obscure craft beer store to buy that brand so he can do the label-outward thing himself and seem cool and interesting with his social circle. FYI people also employ this same method with indie music.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Palmer where is my best bet for finding Parabola?  Looks like it starts shipping today...

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »
on: Today at 03:21:06 PMFrom: robm
Mike - If you're going to be a dick, then post somewhere else.  Maybe comments like this are the reason people are not in a hurry to help out with work days you organize.  I'm becoming less and less inclined to help out with Cliff Drive because of bullsh1t attitude like this.

Hey Rob, since you blocked my reply to your private message, I have to post it here, in the beer thread. Anyway, I'm happy to have provided you with an excuse for not attending work days you weren't planning on attending anyway.

Love, Mike.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »
on: Today at 03:21:06 PMFrom: robm
Mike - If you're going to be a dick, then post somewhere else.  Maybe comments like this are the reason people are not in a hurry to help out with work days you organize.  I'm becoming less and less inclined to help out with Cliff Drive because of bullsh1t attitude like this.

Hey Rob, since you blocked my reply to your private message, I have to post it here, in the beer thread. Anyway, I'm happy to have provided you with an excuse for not attending work days you weren't planning on attending anyway.

Love, Mike.

It's amazing when someone feels the need to judge a personís opinion....I had the same thing happen with Rob on the cost of worlds.    Rob, condescending and disrespectful remarks are probably more of a hindrance than an opinion.

To be fair, Rob and I have never met and I can understand why he might think I was being a dick with my post. It does kinda read like I was being a dick. But just so Rob knows, I'm only messing around and making fun of beer snobs-- I still love those beer snobs I'm making fun of and there's no harm or malice intended whatsoever.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »
Everyone's got different beer tastes.  If you like Miller, good, drink it.  I don't particularly like it, so more for you.

Hyzer just likes to stir it up; I'm pretty sure he'd drink whatever beer I brought out to the course with me.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
Sonafab%tch....  I could swear I just read something from that curmudgeon calling himself Mike Hyzer that actually seemed like he was trying to give off the warm fuzzies....

We love you too Mike!   ;D

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
Palmer where is my best bet for finding Parabola?  Looks like it starts shipping today...

Keep your eyes on Lukas.  Royal on 103rd will get some too.  Hvyee will also get a bit, but it's hit and miss from store to store.   You could always just come over to my house and try this stuff ya know?  :)

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:30 PM »
I like boulevard wheat with a lemon. I like to call it the Johnson County. But my bad tastes have been saved by Leinenkugels Summer Shandy. Start the ripping!  In my defense it comes in cans and I carry them out with me.
Side note....Rob brews good beer and Hyzer brews good rips
PDGA# 51376