Author Topic: Mega Beer Thread  (Read 4261 times)

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Re: Mega Beer Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »
Bought a 6'er of RedHook's Winter Hook. this iteration is very tasty. Would reccomend as one of my favorite 'Winter Ales' this year.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2013, 03:11:24 PM »
\

My latest find has been Santa Fe's Kickin' Chicken Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine.  It's infected as all get out with some nice sour lacto bugs and has developed a nice sourness.  It's debatable on whether or not the infection is intentional, but it's hard to deny.  It changes the barleywine to something VERY similar to Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad with a couple of years of aging on it.

Thought I would chime in on Santa Fe. I don't think I've ever had a bad Santa Fe beer. Their State Pen Porter has always been a favorite.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2013, 04:20:23 PM »
Bought a 30-pack of Miller High Life. The beautifully-patriotic red, white, and blue summer label is no longer being produced, and this delicious American lager is now back in its traditional gold, white, and green label. Still the greatest beer ever brewed. 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Peter Bures

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:52 PM »
I'm assuming The Abyss already came and went and I missed it?

Not positive. I have a couple bottles of 2011 still.

Also, Bourbon County Stout comes out on Black Friday in Chicago and such, not sure when it'll hit KC.

I'm in Northern Iowa, hoping it'll be available tomorrow here.

fenton

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2013, 12:48:59 AM »
this delicious American lager is now back in its traditional gold, white, and green label. Still the greatest beer ever brewed. 8)
Communist....

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
Bought a 30-pack of Miller High Life. The beautifully-patriotic red, white, and blue summer label is no longer being produced, and this delicious American lager is now back in its traditional gold, white, and green label. Still the greatest beer ever brewed. 8)

Welcome back Mike.

I did actually just go through a 12 of Miller High Life Light.  Personally, I prefer Coors Light over Miller, but the greatest beer ever brewed was Old Style Light with Stroh's a close second.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2013, 04:39:50 PM »

Welcome back Mike.

I did actually just go through a 12 of Miller High Life Light.  Personally, I prefer Coors Light over Miller, but the greatest beer ever brewed was Old Style Light with Stroh's a close second.

High Life Light? I don't see how anyone could stand that pisswater. I'm with you on Stroh's, though.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

fenton

« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2013, 08:29:34 AM »
Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail - 13%

Not just a strong alcohol beer, a lot of flavor. Got a Red X.

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
Went to Crooked Stave's new place at "The Source" in Denver. That place is sour beer heaven. The Hop Savant and Origins were probably the best.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 02:41:12 PM »
Crooked Stave does funk well, very well.

You can find some of their bottles here in limited quantities.  They're distributed through Shelton Brothers, and they've just come back to MO after a few years in legal limbo.

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
You can find some of their bottles here in limited quantities.  They're distributed through Shelton Brothers, and they've just come back to MO after a few years in legal limbo.

Good to know!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2013, 09:56:52 PM »

Good to know!

And uhhh, you know, if you're looking for some, you might shoot me a PM.  We could have a tasting or something.

I've got a few bottles in the cellar that probably need to be drank.