Author Topic: Last Olathe GLOW of 2012/2013 season  (Read 471 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Last Olathe GLOW of 2012/2013 season
« on: March 11, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
It will be more of a day/GLOW round, but since we were snowed out by the great blizzard of '13, I decided to extend the season one week, and will wrap it up tonight.

With that being stated, we also have the option of playing Birdland which is conveniently located just two miles from Prairie Center. If you are coming tonight, think about that option and be prepared to vote which course you want to play at 5:50 this evening. If the majority wants to migrate over to the Lake, we easily can, and still teed off by 6:05. I walked Birdland Friday afternoon, and for the most part it wasn't any sloshier than PC, and may actually be a little fimer and less muddy. It is more physically challenging however.

See ya at PC tonight.  8)

pmart

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Last Olathe GLOW of 2012/2013 season
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:48:04 PM »
Hey Tom, please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what would I need for a "GLOW" round?  Is it common to have many glow discs, or do people play with only a couple?  Do I need those lights that I have seen?  I have never played at night but am interested.  Thanks for any advise/help.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
I like to, at a minimum, light up a driver, a mid, and a putter myself.

I typically light up two or three drivers, a mid, and a putter though.

I have a few lights left i can sell tonight. They come in two packs for $3, so you could light up four discs for $6. The lights usually last me about 5 or 6 rounds. If you use them just once or twice and remember to turn them off, they would probably keep and be usuable next fall a few rounds too.

We sign up at 5:45 and draw partners at 6:00 if ya wanna come.

spnachio

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 04:35:31 PM »
Hey Tom, please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what would I need for a "GLOW" round?  Is it common to have many glow discs, or do people play with only a couple?  Do I need those lights that I have seen?  I have never played at night but am interested.  Thanks for any advise/help.

If red lights are an option, get those.  Easy to see and you wont lose you night vision.

pmart

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 06:28:43 PM »
I like to, at a minimum, light up a driver, a mid, and a putter myself.

I typically light up two or three drivers, a mid, and a putter though.

I have a few lights left i can sell tonight. They come in two packs for $3, so you could light up four discs for $6. The lights usually last me about 5 or 6 rounds. If you use them just once or twice and remember to turn them off, they would probably keep and be usuable next fall a few rounds too.

We sign up at 5:45 and draw partners at 6:00 if ya wanna come.

Thank you for the info.  I made it home a little late tonight, but I plan on trying to get involved with the dg scene out in Olathe area (moved from out of state less than a year ago).  I will look for some lights next time i'm at DD or DGW and keep them handy, night round sound like a ton of fun.  Take care, hope to see you on the course soon.