Author Topic: Legacy happenings  (Read 1483 times)

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Legacy happenings
« on: March 14, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
Today at legacy a cop caught someone climbing over the fence. Just thought everyone should know that they are watching and will write you a ticket.
Thanks!
Jay Cram

ReTee

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy happenings
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
Good to know.  I guess I'll just have to learn to throw straight. 

I wonder if it's just something they enforce during work hours.  I've never even seen anyone behind the fence any time I've been there.  Granted, I can't remember a time I've been there not on a weekend, but still.
Brian Collier

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
Today at legacy a cop caught someone climbing over the fence. Just thought everyone should know that they are watching and will write you a ticket.
Thanks!

How much did the ticket set ya back Jay? :)
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:08:23 AM »
ha not me. but its a guy that i see up there alot.
Jay Cram

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Congratulations to the heroic officer for his actions in stopping this dangerous criminal. One more dirtbag off the streets! Thank goodness for the brave men and women of law enforcement. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, %$#@ yeah!
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 10:11:27 AM »
Mike, there is a ton of expensive equipment on the P&R's side of that fence.  P&R has also told us time and time again that if we ask them during business hours, they will get the discs.

As much as I dislike police intrusion into our disc golf utopia on this side of town, I'm more likely to say that the person that got the ticket was being an idiot.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
Mike, there is a ton of expensive equipment on the P&R's side of that fence.  P&R has also told us time and time again that if we ask them during business hours, they will get the discs.

As much as I dislike police intrusion into our disc golf utopia on this side of town, I'm more likely to say that the person that got the ticket was being an idiot.

Not the point, BP. I doubt he stole any of the equipment. He was just retrieving his disc, right? So basically, this guy is going to have to fork money over to LS even though he hurt no one, stole nothing, damaged nothing, and only because some cop felt like being a dick. That's bullsh1t, I don't care what anybody says.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
I agree. What right does the P&R have to keep the general public from climbing a fence that secures their property from possible theft and vandalism?  The police should not waste our tax payer dollars on a report of someone "illegally" entering someone else's property. In fact it would be better if the owners of the property handled it them selves. Of course I would personally handle someone breaking into my restricted area with a gun....wait a minute that would mean a disc golfer could have been shot, guess we better stick with the police handling these situations.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
So, you're saying that even though you lock your front door at night, as long as I don't harm anyone or take anything, I can just circumvent the lock and come in to sit down and watch TV?  Oh sorry, I was playing baseball in your street at 2 AM and I accidentally lost the ball through your open living room window.  Don't mind me while I climb through the window frame to grab it.  Unfortunately, if that were the case, Keizer would probably shoot my a**.

Look, that side of the fence is private property.  Period.  You can get your disc back pretty easily.  I've gotten a bunch back from them over the years for other people.  They have set acceptable guidelines for retrieval and all that they have asked is that we don't go through or over the fence.

I get where you're coming from Keizer, I truly do.  And I empathize with your point.  But I know how Lee's Summit works; I'm pretty apathetic to it at this point.

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »
Why issue a ticket, how about just stop the citizen from jumping the fence?

Then there has to be a process at city hall where people are employed to take money, Then if you dont pay the ticket you may get a warrant, depending on how serious the "crime" is, blah blah blah. All in all its a big waste of time, in a made up world of importance by the powers who be.

Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 11:04:23 AM »
I just love that when we first installed the course LS Parks said they would keep the discs they found inside the fence indefinitely in a box in the office. But when we went in the office during the Bluebird event I was told they usually don't keep them for more than a couple of weeks. Sometimes the parks guys start playing with them right when they find them.

The other problem is their crazy hours. I think some days they only work until 3pm and who knows when they're there on the weekend.
Am I supposed to use a vacation day to go during my work hours to get something I can see 20 feet away?!!!

They expect us to respect their fence, but they don't respect the disc golf community.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
Big difference between private residences and publicly-funded municipal park property, you obtuse bastards, especially with ZERO criminal intent involved. Yes, I'm talking to Aaron the Bootlicker and BP the Goosestepper. Would either of you be capable of functioning without some sort of government regulations dictating your every move?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
DO this DONT do that, cant you read the sign?
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
Okay then... It's about time I step up (hit me with it...) and help out  ::)

I work for the City (IT support) and will be mobile during the day so I will stop and claim the "lost & found" discs once a week, through the season at least. I will confirm with the "powers that be" that I am who I say I am and I did NOT throw over the fence myself  ;)

If you lose one, text me at 816-419-1026 and I will return it "no questions asked". After the tax season, I will be at Legacy most Friday nights.

Just please don't get caught dangling from the fence with your knickers down!
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
Call it what you want, I just respect the rules of the park.  There is a lot of money worth of equipment inside that fence, and I don't have an issue with them saying not to go under/through/over it, as long as we have a way to get the discs back.

Now if I went back the next day and found city employees playing disc with one of my discs, then I might have a little problem.  Has anyone actually talked with any of the city guys  lately about this?  Or are we all just sitting here and playing keyboard commando?