Author Topic: Legacy happenings  (Read 1244 times)

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy happenings
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 02:37:10 PM »
Come on mike, if our government is so unexceptable to you I'm guessing there are courses in other countries that might have municipalities that are more acceptable to you. No need to start calling names, just throwing out my opinions. Never met you that I know of and would love to throw a round with you some time. I'll leave my boots at home.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Loomis

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 02:47:19 PM »
I say we grab a bunch of beat up plastic that no one wants and throw it over the fence on purpose. Hundreds and hundreds of discs. Just keep tossing them in there. It's a great way to get rid of all those DX Stingrays and First Run Lycans that are gathering dust in your basement, garage or closet. We can use the fenced in enclosure as a driving range.

I think it's also very important that we put Jake Bowen's name, number and email address on each disc. Just in case they look.

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 03:38:08 PM »
I say we grab a bunch of beat up plastic that no one wants and throw it over the fence on purpose. Hundreds and hundreds of discs. Just keep tossing them in there. It's a great way to get rid of all those DX Stingrays and First Run Lycans that are gathering dust in your basement, garage or closet. We can use the fenced in enclosure as a driving range.

I think it's also very important that we put Jake Bowen's name, number and email address on each disc. Just in case they look.

Yeah that would be really funny.

Wait, what?

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
I have a couple I can donate to Jake's cause...  :P
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »
We had a similar situation in columbia. We had a couple of holes next to the pool, when people threw over the fence the either pulled the bottom of the fence out (like at legacy which is then destruction of property) or climb over which would be trespassing. Well the Disc golf club put up signs of where to pick up your disc. Disc golfers thought this was silly and kept jumping the fence. Now columbia does not have those two holes the city thought it was easier to take away part of the course.

I imagine if LS keeps seeing dgers jumping the fence they will just take away part of the course.
Adam Johnson

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2013, 09:06:51 PM »
Imma gonna take my basket and go home.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 09:22:49 PM »
The same classless type of folks that climb a fence into private property litter the parks, with little concern of what their actions may cause.

I do find it ironic though that the government fines American citizens for climbing a fence in Lees Summit, yet provides entitlements for non-American citizens that climb a fence on the Rio Grande.  ???

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
I think an underground tunnel from hole two's basket would fix this problem.  We could come up with a super secret code to access the tunnel. Yes,no, maybe?
Calm down, this is just for fun.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 10:41:32 PM »
Why issue a ticket, how about just stop the citizen from jumping the fence?

Then there has to be a process at city hall where people are employed to take money, Then if you dont pay the ticket you may get a warrant, depending on how serious the "crime" is, blah blah blah. All in all its a big waste of time, in a made up world of importance by the powers who be.

I am really late to this DISCussion, but I really wanted to weigh in hear. 

Why issue a ticket? Because it brings awareness to the problem. Everyone here is talking about it. Maybe it will deter some one else from climbing the fence.  The main reason I support them doing trying to stop people is the liability issue.  We some less than coordinated person decides to take header on to the concrete from that 8' fence and hurts them selves, guess who is going to have to pay the medical bills (The City of Lee's Summit). The jack-leg that fell won't even have to WANT to sue them, his/her insurance company will do it "on their behalf".

Or maybe we should just hire an extra couple of cops to stand at the fence 24-hours a day so they can " just stop the citizen from jumping the fence?"

The other reason to stop them is to make sure when I loose a disc and try to go through the proper channels to get it back it, will still be there.  But seeing all those "free", finders keepers, discs laying around will just be too much for those criminal masterminds to resist.

CD, thanks for being part of the solution.  :)

Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 08:57:06 AM »
One of the main problems I have with people climbing fences to get discs back is the damage it does to the fence. Chain link fences are designed to have people enter the area surrounded by the fence through a gate. The fence itself implies a level of security is desired to the area inside the fence, either you respect that or you don't. Therefore the fence isn't designed to have people climbing on it and when they do it bends to top-rail, stretches and warps the fence and can ultimately result in the fence needing to be replaced or repaired. We have this problem at Clover Dell in Sedalia. There is a small holding pond surrounded by a fence that can come into play on #6 and #9. When people have a disc that ends up in there they can walk around to the gate and enter to retrieve their disc, no one is stopping them. The fence is there to keep kids and others out of the nasty water but retrieving a disc is okay. But lazy ass people keep climbing the fence rather than walking a few steps and now the fence looks like crap and one of the top-rails has popped out on the end and I keep putting it back. Eventually the parks department will be talking to me about it and will want me to move the hole. It's a good hole and I don't want to do that but idiots that climb fences and leave their trash all over cause problems like this for all of us.

It's a matter of respect in my opinion. People that bypass the basic security measure implied by a fence, no matter how benign their reason, are no better than people that leave their trash and crap all over our parks or destroy park property.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:19:25 AM by Kevin Montgomery »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 09:17:58 AM »
and hurts them selves, guess who is going to have to pay the medical bills (The City of Lee's Summit).

Dont even get me started on how ridiculous this subject is.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
Well said Kmont!!

It IS a matter of respect.

Utz, me too on the liability thing. Can no one take responsibility for there own actions(well intended or not)?
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 10:21:26 AM »
unfortunately fencing is an olympic game and disc golf is not
espouse elucidation

Mick

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 11:54:15 PM »
I'm too old and fat to climb any fences and would pay the price of a disc to keep from having to .

#1 problem is the disc course is free and used by the public. When people start to cause excessive wear and tear on public property , the city has the right to close or change the property. I have seen where a small percent causes pain for the larger majority. Not everyone on the course belongs to this forum, so some of this is a on deaf ears. Remember when you or some one you see is vandalizing city property, you could be causing others to loose the privilege to use the park.

sorry for the 2cents
Who ever said it was easy ,never met me.