Author Topic: Cliff Drive Work Day, This SUNDAY 4/7/2013!!!  (Read 980 times)

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Cliff Drive Work Day, This SUNDAY 4/7/2013!!!
« on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
The workday for 4/7/2013 is going down at Cliff Drive this Sunday morning and I will be out there by 9am at the latest, probably working for 4 hours or so. Hope to see some new faces out there to help carve out these new holes.

Items we'll be focusing on include honeysuckle removal from a new hole location along the road between #9 and #17, as well as work on two additional new holes in the woods between #2 and #12. Might even finish the lengthening of #6 while we're at it.

Bonus if you can bring chainsaws, pick axes, lopping shears, etc. Gloves and safety glasses probably wouldn't hurt to bring as well. Anything to help with honeysuckle removal and carving out new fairways in the woods.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:59:44 AM by Mike Hyzer »
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gauging Interest for Upcoming Cliff Drive Work Day
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
I would be down for a workday. This Sat is a work day at P. Hill & April 6th is the WWW tourny out there so those days are no good for me but other than that i can help.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

cro

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:14 AM »
I'm willing to help, get a date and let me know
Matt Crowe
PDGA #48148
KCFDC #1318

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
Okay, I'm not too familiar with tourney dates or whatnot, so if anyone can pinpoint an upcoming weekend that is relatively open, we can start there.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:13 AM »
Okay, I'm not too familiar with tourney dates or whatnot, so if anyone can pinpoint an upcoming weekend that is relatively open, we can start there.

Here are all the dates: http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8679.0
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

BenC

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
There is something going just about every weekend except this one coming up and the weather doesn't want to agree.  The next weekend that doesn't have anything going on April 7th or April 21st.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:33 PM »
There is something going just about every weekend except this one coming up and the weather doesn't want to agree.  The next weekend that doesn't have anything going on April 7th or April 21st.

April 7th sounds alright to me. What does everyone else think about a work day on April 7th?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:57:16 PM »
I should be back by then, so I like it personally Mike.  Thanks for taking the lead on this.  Hopefully I get back earlier in the week so that I can see my kids before this, otherwise I would be out.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Well, since there are only a few replies out of 170 views, I'm cancelling this work day due to lack of interest. I just don't feel like having to commit to setting a day aside for 3 people to show up. Thanks anyway to those who offered to be there. Work will continue at the normal, off-and-on pace by the usual suspects, maybe.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 07:39:09 AM »
No sense in cancelling I plan to help so that makes 4.
Mike Penney

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:00 AM »
Alright, Mike! Anyone else wanna talk me out of cancelling the work day? How about some of you E-board members? Yes this involves more than paperwork and  drinking a beer during a meeting once a month, but it is much more satisfying as well! 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Utz

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 11:13:44 AM »
How about some of you E-board members? Yes this involves more than paperwork and  drinking a beer during a meeting once a month 8)

hah! Good one Hyzer, you're always full of jokes. I'll let you take over some duties for the KCWO website and registration and we'll call it even. I like doing course work... on courses I actually LIKE to play.. Just kidding, however Kessler pk and I have a hate/hate relationship. This one time, in a tournament, I took a snowman on 17...
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
How about some of you E-board members? Yes this involves more than paperwork and  drinking a beer during a meeting once a month 8)

hah! Good one Hyzer, you're always full of jokes. I'll let you take over some duties for the KCWO website and registration and we'll call it even. I like doing course work... on courses I actually LIKE to play.. Just kidding, however Kessler pk and I have a hate/hate relationship. This one time, in a tournament, I took a snowman on 17...

Hey believe me, if pushing buttons on a computer would remove honeysuckle from the woods, I'd be all over that. Anyway, hopefully Cliff Drive will be more to your liking after the improvements and reconfiguration.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:50 AM »
I will be available as well next weekend, lets get this thing on.  We really want to do it on Sunday instead of Saturday?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 12:41:45 PM »
i am curious if you all have some Tordon to apply to the honeysuckle  stumps after removal?  We put in  hours of work removing that crazy invasive stuff to only  repeat the process again in 5 years. 

i will not be able to make it.  working on liberty course in my free time.