Author Topic: Water Works Wide Open 2013  (Read 1582 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Water Works Wide Open 2013
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 11:04:48 PM »
or we could add more rocks as an homage to hole 18 at maple hill where all the top pros don't complain about sharp rocks. trees, rocks and chains are what makes this game fun. i'll play cliff, since the rocks are made of styrofoam there if you smoke enuf.
espouse elucidation

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
Really?  You don't think that putting an entire area plus 3 lines of rocks carving up discs gives a person a right to complain?  Many of these folks that come to town make their livelihood at the sport, and to them their plastic is their work equipment.  So would you go to work at a location that never really had to worry about it to now have something there that could gouge and destroy something that you may have been using for 10 years because someone thought a peace sign would cool on the green?  Why not move it closer to the station, and out of play?  I think that I just found a new person to send the messages to about the complaints we get on things that cut up my disc that don't need to be on the course comments!
 ;)

Are you familiar with hole 3 at Rosedale?  :P

coops

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2013, 09:59:37 AM »
or we could add more rocks as an homage to hole 18 at maple hill where all the top pros don't complain about sharp rocks. trees, rocks and chains are what makes this game fun. i'll play cliff, since the rocks are made of styrofoam there if you smoke enuf.

Word. Moral of the story is that players don't complain if they are playing well. If they aren't, they are looking for a scapegoat.

Peace sign is sweet and anyone complaining about it can just deal with it. If they can't handle a little nick on their plastic maybe they are playing the wrong game.

coops

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »

Or the rocks at Maple Hill on 1, 2, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, or 17 too.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
Uhmm. It isn't the fact that there are rocks on the fairway... It is more that the rocks have been manually placed around the basket in which you are asking the players to throw at.

For the record I am neither for or against the rocks, but I heard multiple people complain about the rocks for the reason I just explained. At the same time I also saw a lot of people photographing it as well. eh.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Has anyone actually seen a disc get marred (into PDGA illegality) by the peace sign rocks?

Let's take out the "knuckles" on the basket too, they chipped my Roc :(
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2013, 09:17:10 PM »
disck parker gashed his mini on a foot fault at the wide open allegedly, it was just a warning
espouse elucidation

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2013, 11:07:35 PM »
The Nailer throws his discs at rocks intentionally. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA