Author Topic: Axioms of Doubt: The Perry Course  (Read 3636 times)

Loomis

Re: Axioms of Doubt: The Perry Course
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 09:10:30 PM »
To explain. If the top flag is blowing, the winds are 6 mph. If the second flag is also blowing, the winds are 12 mph. If the the bottom flag is blowing, the winds are 18 mph. Simple enough...

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
great flags! i had that same question. now, what is an axiom of doubt, in relation to this course?
espouse elucidation

Loomis

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 10:58:38 PM »
The greatest issue surrounding the experience, from start to finish, was the indecisiveness of it all. Lots of doubts; Which way to go? To go or not to go? Is that the basket? Which way is the next pad? Is that it? Can I make that shot? Lots of doubts that kept creeping into the day. The doubts manifested themselves in various ways but for the most part, their effect was pretty obvious. When we played the course the second time, the doubts faded in some areas and things improved. Where doubt lingered, trouble persisted. Hence the name: Axioms of Doubt.

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 07:55:51 AM »
Great review Loomis.
I can't wait to get back out there, especially before the leaves come in, and the snakes come out!

I can handle the ticks, but next time I am bringing my chair to put my bag on, so they will quit hitching rides up my shoulder straps to my neck.

Get out and play it soon people!  Once those leaves fill in, your hopes of shooting in the 50's(maybe even 60's) will diminish really fast.

Bring Water! , Bug Spray,  Snacks, because you might want to stay all day  ;)

But pack out what you pack in!

Joe Hesting

coops

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 08:46:05 AM »

I can't wait to get back out there, especially before the leaves come in, and the snakes come out!

I'm planning on being out there on Saturday at around 10:30 and would love for anyone else who wanted to to come out. If people show up, we could play $5, or skins, or poker, or flip-dubs, or whatever.

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 09:16:19 AM »

I'm planning on being out there on Saturday at around 10:30 and would love for anyone else who wanted to to come out. If people show up, we could play $5, or skins, or poker, or flip-dubs, or whatever.

Can't this Saturday,
Going to Discs Unlimited Open in Herington.
Joe Hesting

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:31 AM »
Hesting mentioned something about that. They are the 6-12-18 MPH flags. I had no idea what that meant until he explained it to me. Very cool.

I installed these flags at Clover Dell initially. The flags themselves were nice and got a lot of positive feedback but they did not hold up well at all. They were in tatters in less than a year. Were these flags on plastic stanchions with plastic mounts? If they are, the plastic will deteriorate and they will start tilting to one side badly and popping off onto the ground and getting lost or destroyed within a year or two. What baskets are installed on this course? The plastic stanchion kits we installed were designed for the DGA Mach III but work on other baskets.

I switched the flags last season from these wind-meter flags to a standard flag with the hole number on it and replaced all the plastic stanchions with metal stanchions from the Cashens. So far they have held up much, much better.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Loomis

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 10:01:12 AM »
I honestly don't remember what the stanchions were made of. I can tell when I do reviews in the future I am going to need to be more thorough in my notes.

The baskets were, I believe, Mach 5 with blue powder coating. I could be wrong, I took pictures. Someone with a keen eye take a look and post it up.

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
I thought I read in another thread they were Mach III
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 11:13:43 AM »
I took pictures. Someone with a keen eye take a look and post it up.

Duh...  I forgot about the pictures and I just looked at them yesterday.  ::)  You have a good closeup shot of #14. That is definitely a Mach III and those are the same plastic stanchions, mounts and flags we had at Clover Dell the first two seasons. They are from Direct Hit Golf Flags. I like their flags and replaced the wind-meter flag with there traditional numbered flag, but the stanchions don't hold up for long from what I experienced. If they are left in the weather continuously (and why wouldn't they be) they won't hold up very well. Then again, maybe they won't be subjected to the same level of wind as we have in Sedalia if they are tucked into the woods more.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Leo D.

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Loomis, did you notice that hardly any of the holes go in the same direction? When we designed it, i wanted to make sure you got all wind angles, not just head and tail wind.
iscraft Golf Discs

Loomis

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:09 PM »
Leo, I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but I see that now.

coops

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
Leo, what would you say par is out there?

In its current settings I was thinking 62 seemed like a fair guess.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Shanan and I will be playing Perry tomorrow...!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Nicky p

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:18 PM »
Anyone up for a round on Thursday and maybe swing by Lawrence or topeka
I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER"