Author Topic: Ace pot payout out  (Read 347 times)

kselrod

Ace pot payout out
« on: May 16, 2013, 09:09:58 AM »
The PITT Ace Pot was around $320 and last night we had 2 aces which we pay 75% of the pot out which totaled around $120 each.  One person was a member and the other has just started playing and it was his second time at league.  My question is how do you guys handle payouts at all the courses in K.C.?  Do you go by the same standards at every course or is each course different?  I would like to hear all options that anyone has encountered at any league you may have played at anytime during your life.  Some of our members would like to only pay 50% of payout to non-members and 75% to members to see if that would increase participation in joining our club.  I think I've heard of others deduct membership dues from the non-member which makes him a member for the remainder of the year.  Let the ideas fly as I would like to hear all options!  Thanks

Kevin

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Ace pot payout out
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
Each of the courses hold's their own Ace Fund.  (EXCEPTION-I keep Cliff Drive ace fund with Blue Valley's Ace Fund when we play there)

If you are not a club member, you must pay an extra $1 to be in the ace fund.

All aces hit during league will be 50% of the ace pot.  In the event that 2 aces are hit, then yes the pot would evaporate 75% (50% of the pot gone first ace, then 50% of remaining pot=75%)  THey are split evenly though so the first ace hit wouldn't get more.

We apply an additional year of club dues from the ace fund.  Even if you are paid up through years in advance.  (Beckett left here in 2007, and was a member until 2011, then moved back this past year, and had to pay to join the club for the first time in many years)  So you can add on to your years of expiration.

The additional $1 from non-members was initially brought up because I was irritated that Eric McCabe came to town and hit our WW Ace fund (which was at like $1800 or $2400....) anyway, I was irritated that an out of towner non-member could take the ace fund.  (I like Eric, so this wasn't about him...no scratch that, MOther F'r beating me at the Ice Bowl, the nerve of some world Champ taking my glory!  >:( ;D ;) )  This led to much talk on the EC at the time and this was the plan that we got into play.

You can't transfer the "club dues" to another, so yeah we have had a couple of touring pros become members in June as they visit play league, hit an ace, and wham they are a member for the year.

This seemed to be the best scenario at the time and allows us to gain extra income from non-members of the club as well.

Now by being a club member, you get a $1 discount at leagues, which essentially the club is buying your ace fund money every week you play.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 10:06:54 AM »
Wow, that was concise Jack!  Thanks.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:29:05 AM »
Wow, that was concise Jack!  Thanks.

Jack? Concise?  :o

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 10:54:20 AM »
Dropping microphone, walking off the stage....looking at crowd with jaws gaping..... 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
LOL
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

sportwood

• Am Poster
  • Chris Portwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »
At least if a non club member of is going to hit it, I am happy it was EMac!  He really does do a lot for the sport and is a great guy.  My fiance, Leah, works with his cousin and asked if Eric could get my brother and I a couple personalized signed discs.  Andy's birthday was on the last day of the GBO and we joined the tournament to celebrate.   Eric not only signed special edition disc with messages to both of us, but he mailed them priority mail to make sure they arrived prior to the GBO and wouldn't let Leah pay for anything.  Thank you Eric!!!
Thanks,
Chris Portwood
Technology Team
PDGA# 55595

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
Dropping microphone, walking off the stage....looking at crowd with jaws gaping..... 8)

LMAO!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...