Author Topic: League 4/1/13 Results  (Read 655 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
League 4/1/13 Results
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:06:03 PM »
Open-
Matt Perry-54=$12
Matt Crowe-58=$5
Jordan Hinck-58=$5
Joe Hesting-58=$5 (I owe you)
Jose Ossa-59=Many missed putts.....too many, it was a tough night to watch...
Adam Cossette-60=Jack, just because I didn't cash, I mean really, still give me credit for being there...
Scott Melrose-61=My shoes are light, it's ok!
Lee Killian-63=IDK, he was gone so fast it was crazy
Loomis-66=Well, at least I didn't get beat by Jack tonight, geesh...

Masters
Danger-55=$8
G$-64=$4 (I will spend it for you and the skins money I didn't give you nicely somewhere else now!)
Jack Lowe-67=YEOUCH, I had so many 5's I thought that I was at the massage parlor with all those hand jobs...
Ted Keith-68=One of these days I am going to figure out where everything is on this course...

Advanced
Andy Portwood-67=$7
Rob Martin-71=$4
Ryan Westa-75=Wow, I really threw a lot more than you guys.  In fact, I made better use of my money because I threw it more than anyone else.  Did I mention that I learned the rule that I can rethrow from anywhere and only have to add a stroke to my score.  This will clearly allow me the chance to throw more often than you in the future as well.

I would like to thank everyone that showed up.  Next week we will be back at Cliff Drive.  I'd like to be teeing off no later than 5:45, and will attempt to be there by 5 again.  We did good last night, with the last group being a 5-some that tees off at 5:30, as we finished in twilight, no lights were needed.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: League 4/1/13 Results
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
The one perk of dropping a duece on a league round. No reason to stick around. ;D
Cooter was here.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
It must be embarassing for the masters age players to be beaten down by a grandmaster.  ;D

coops

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:55:12 AM »
Is this going rolling start tonight?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:19:37 AM »
we may not have league.  We got a ton of rain, and I don't want to trudge through the course destroying the holes.  There was over an inch of rain last night in my area.  With the ground this wet, and the possibilities of rain today, leaning towards shutting it down this week.  otherwise I will be out there by 5:30.  We should be fine for a pretty close to 6:00 tee time on the course though.  I am pretty well done with rolling starts now at this league.  Maybe 5:45.....maybe.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 08:22:43 AM »
http://kcfdc.org/forum/index.php?topic=8907.0

Also hard to get motivated when only 2 people seem to care about the course.  Since I care about it more than most, not playing it is in my best interest, and as the primary care taker on it, feel this may be a better night to stay off the course.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 08:24:05 AM »
Yep, made the decision, cancelling league tonight......we shall try again next week.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 09:32:49 AM »
Yep, made the decision, cancelling league tonight......we shall try again next week.

Like! Good choice. There have been many days after rain I have wished we could close a course to keep from destoying the grass and paths. Think Rosedale today  ::)

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 09:40:46 AM »
Lame.

Just because only a couple people can make it to the work day doesn't mean they're the only ones that care about the course. It's going to be muddy but I never let that stop me from playing.

I guess I'll have to play Birdland instead.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 09:47:45 AM »
What about playing BV instead? C'mon Jack! I agree, was unable to make workday because I was busy donating money to the Will Schusterick foundation this weekend in Branson haha
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 09:56:33 AM »
Lame.

Just because only a couple people can make it to the work day doesn't mean they're the only ones that care about the course. It's going to be muddy but I never let that stop me from playing.

I guess I'll have to play Birdland instead.

Agree with this sentiment. If Jack is too frustrated to want to run league tonight, I totally understand-- I ain't running it either. But if someone does want to run league at Cliff and there is enough interest to have league there this evening, it ought to go on as normal.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
They close soccer fields all the time to prevent damage. How is this any different? Most ball golf courses have the money to effect repairs when damage occurs. We don't have that luxury.

I recall a time a few years back when the baskets were all pulled at Swope for for several weeks to allow grass to get a good start. Perhaps it's time to consider that option. Short term pain for long term gain....

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 10:06:33 AM »
They close soccer fields all the time to prevent damage. How is this any different? Most ball golf courses have the money to effect repairs when damage occurs. We don't have that luxury.

I recall a time a few years back when the baskets were all pulled at Swope for for several weeks to allow grass to get a good start. Perhaps it's time to consider that option. Short term pain for long term gain....

LOL, Cliff Drive is no soccer field or ball golf course. I've played many a muddy round out there, and damage to the course is the least of my concerns. I'm more afraid of eating it on one of the hills and having to listen to Jen when she's putting my muddy clothes in the laundry. ;D

The wooded holes don't have grass to worry about, and the grass on the open holes, whether wet or dry, isn't going to be torn up by the few disc golfers who'd be out at league tonight.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »
I was out there this morning looking at the new work done, and the new installation of the disc return box, and the hillside is a bloody mess.

I know you want to play Jamie, but this is one that i think safety is first.  I know that you Danger are above the safety concerns, the areas I am worried most about, Jamie did his best Tarzan Rope across, and it broke, and he bit it hard....but I don't want anyone sliding up and down the hills.  I played it yesterday and it was a little slippery when we got the drizzle, then add in the 2" of rain, and well......made an executive choice on this.

People may still go out and play, but the ace fund is not in play, nor is the PDGA league tonight.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 03:56:16 PM »
Aah, aah, aah, ooh Ma ooh Pa, must the show go on?
 Ooh Pa, take me home, take me home, take me home
 Ooh Ma, let me go, let me go, let me go

There must be some mistake
 I didn't mean to let them take away my soul

Am I too old? Is it too late?

Ooh Ma ooh Pa, where has the feeling gone?

Ooh Ma ooh Pa, will I remember the songs?

Ooh aah, the show must go on