Author Topic: Riverfront Park  (Read 1498 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Riverfront Park
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »
Me and the Olathe Posse have been taveling over to Riverfront Park this week. If you haven't played it you should check it out. I've heard some folks say they didn't care for it, but we really dig it!

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Riverfront Park
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »
What is it?  Where is it?
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Riverfront Park
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:57:07 PM »
A dg course in Lawrence, turn left off of Masschusetts at the second stoplight north of I-70.  It's in Riverfront Park. Map of course near the entrance.

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Riverfront Park
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 06:08:13 PM »
There's lots of potential at Riverfront, but bring your bug spray!

It's 18 baskets, 9 pads.  There is an "official" layout, but it's just as easy to play all left/long one circuit, then right/short the next, or whatever.  There are some wide open, some kinda tight, left and right, a little bit of a lot of things, except elevation.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

superq

Riverfront Park
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 06:50:16 AM »
If you are going to Lawrence you owe it to yourself to play the 18 hole course at clinton lake, that sucker is bad a$$.  you will not get into a groove out there no two shots are the same great elevation and length.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Riverfront Park
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 07:12:13 AM »
Clinton Lake? Are there permanent baskets, and tee pads there? How do we find it? Is there a charge to go into the park? It used to be $5 if I remember correctly.

mchaines

Lawrence League at Riverfront
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 09:10:08 AM »
As long as we're talking about Riverfront Park, I ought to mention that we'll be holding league there tonight, teeing off at 6:00 PM.  Format will be based on turnout and the prevailing mood.  Bring a straight disc, a curvy disc, a long disc, and a short disc, because you will need them all.  Hope to see you there.
mch

superq

Riverfront Park
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »
there are 19 permanant baskets, the course starts just to the south of the entrance, I think the parking is the same as all other state parks = 6.50 or 7.00.

You can always go with a group and split the parking cost.

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
parking fees at state parks in Kansas
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:19:33 PM »
You can also buy an annual parking permit for Kansas state parks.  It's around $40.  I fish all the time so it's worth it to me.  If you end up going more than 5 or 6 times to the Clinton Lake disc golf course it would also be worth it.