Author Topic: Summer League Info  (Read 1816 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Summer League Info
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
Actions are a good thing, don't get me wrong Jordan, but when the information isn't accurate, it is worst than having no information at all.

Infact on Monday night I got a call from someone at 6:15, asking if league was cancelled, or hadn't started yet, because they were at Cliff since 5:30 and no one was there......I had to explain that league on the First Mondays is at Blue Valley, they got it, but if that sign was up, how would you tell?  I will make my own signage to go along with the dates as well to put in the marquee, but these are going to be on the courses from what I understand, so it will get read often.....

Again it is great that this is getting done, I love the action, but in the next version we want to ensure accuracy of this information which is what I think that we are saying, not boo hisss, this is bad!

;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Utz

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 03:43:16 PM »
Incoming smart-butt comment:

Well have your info in before the league season starts! woo hoo! I know scheduling is tough, but folks can still look at the Club calendar and check out the events.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 03:50:43 PM »
I probably should've started a new thread because I wasn't speaking to this thread in particular.  I just saw the comments back and forth.  Both sides have valid points here, I completely understand that. 

In general, comments on here just seem so negative all the time.  People are so quick to throw things back in one another's faces that nothing gets done and when it does, somebody is hacked off one way or the other.  Granted, not everyone is going to be a "happy camper" with everything that goes on as it relates to the club.  The cohesiveness has just seemed to dissipate in the two years that I've been a member and have read posts on this forum. 

1.  A new disc shop came to town, now another is in Independence.  I understand loyalties.  Be loyal to whichever store you want to be loyal to, fine.  Fact of the matter is, we have more disc selection to choose from!  Score!
2.  Jack is providing a new PDGA league that is new to everyone, including himself.  Great!  Thanks for that, Jack!  It's a learning process for him, but let's face it he was getting drilled on the forum early this week for lack of clarity.
3.  Tracy decides to have a qualifier event on a Missouri course.  HEAVEN FORBID IT!!! It is the best course in KC guys...just sayin'.

Just a few examples that come to mind and there's opinions to both sides.  I welcome opinions, just wish we could learn to leave the negativity at the door.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
I don't want to offend anyone, but could the event calender be modified to show the start time for all the Mondays in April in Olathe to be 5:30, and for folks to be signed up by 5:15? Please?

Utz

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 04:00:25 PM »
Jordan, often its difficult to convey feelings by just using words, especially in a forum atmosphere (duh)

I call it the Mike Hyzer effect. Argue and defend points like a madman on the internet, but when ya get down to it, and you're playing a round together the 'other' guy really isn't that bad. Actually, you kinda like him, and you remember what brought you together in the first place.

Disc Golf!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »
Jordan, often its difficult to convey feelings by just using words, especially in a forum atmosphere (duh)

I call it the Mike Hyzer effect. Argue and defend points like a madman on the internet, but when ya get down to it, and you're playing a round together the 'other' guy really isn't that bad. Actually, you kinda like him, and you remember what brought you together in the first place.

Disc Golf!

I realize this, and most people that post on the forum know one another and their personalities.  Just trying to save face a little on the image we portray as a club on the forum.  Who know's who's actually reading all this and deciding whether or not they want to be a part of the club?!  That's what we're about right?  Growing the sport, and growing out KCDG community?

Pointless gripe I guess.  I'm sure I'm getting laughed at with these posts; just a little food for thought.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 04:13:43 PM »
Jordan - I agree and understand.

This week I dished out and received a bit more criticism than what was warranted.
As info, I also started to discuss privately with Jack about the PDGA league so it wasn't displayed for all.  And for the record, I totally understand that it is Jack's deal and he can do whatever he wants with it, I am trying to help learn the process as well.

In all seriousness Jordan, you have a good point. 

Reminds me of a saying that some may have heard,

"When people say, hey Bob is a great guy when you get to know him, what they really mean to say is Bob is a @#$%, but you just get used to it."

May we all get used to each other.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:15:35 PM by robm »
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »
When did everyone become so sensitive?  :'(

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 08:20:31 PM »
Palmer is a great guy when you get to know him.  :D

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 09:01:13 PM »

Let's not go too far.   8)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 08:40:19 AM »

Let's not go too far.   8)

How can we delete posts from both of these guys?
 :o ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Aaron

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »
There is a new league in town. Pleasant Hill will be having rec league on Thursday nights. This will be similar to Rosedales rec league on Mondays in that it will be a free league to play. The thought process is that being that far east it will accessible to rec players that can't/won't make it to Rosedale. I hope to see and meet any veteran players that would like to come out and help grow the sport. I know this is short notice for this week and I am not expecting large numbers this week but I will be out there for anyone that wants to come out. I will be getting the word out around town starting tomarrow. It will be a 6pm tee time so show up a little early. Any questions feel free to PM.
Love me some chains!

Utz

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »
This is awesome. thanks for stepping up. may your league prosper and your putts always fall in :D
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 09:29:25 AM »
Sounds like a good time!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

bbjon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
There is a new league in town. Pleasant Hill will be having rec league on Thursday nights. This will be similar to Rosedales rec league on Mondays in that it will be a free league to play. The thought process is that being that far east it will accessible to rec players that can't/won't make it to Rosedale. I hope to see and meet any veteran players that would like to come out and help grow the sport. I know this is short notice for this week and I am not expecting large numbers this week but I will be out there for anyone that wants to come out. I will be getting the word out around town starting tomarrow. It will be a 6pm tee time so show up a little early. Any questions feel free to PM.

This is great news!  I will most likely be playing this one, since I live in LS.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.