Author Topic: Summer League Info  (Read 2091 times)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Summer League Info
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Summer League Info
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »
Correction to the Olathe League Schedule:

League will be rotating monthly, not weekly.

League will be as follows:

Lakeside Hills in April, June and August
Prairie Center in May, July and finishing the season in September.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
Would it be possible to also add LD contact information so everyone can call/text us if they are going to be late?
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 11:59:08 AM »
Van:

This flyer has already gone to print, and will be displayed at every KCFDC course (some of them are up already)

We chose to leave the TD information off the flyer. However the TD contact is all on the KCFDC.org site, and calendar. We're hoping to get the word out with the flyer and direct traffic back home to the site/forum/calendar etc.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 12:24:45 PM »
Van:

This flyer has already gone to print, and will be displayed at every KCFDC course (some of them are up already)

We chose to leave the TD information off the flyer. However the TD contact is all on the KCFDC.org site, and calendar. We're hoping to get the word out with the flyer and direct traffic back home to the site/forum/calendar etc.

Gone to print with the Olathe course rotation error? >:(

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 12:40:37 PM »
Tom, It has been printed for more than a week (Final approval was March 21st). We certainly had a deadline. We wanted the flyer to be up before leagues started.. and you were still on the fence about the league situation. Erhem... On March 29th..

Although the league schedule indicates the Monday Olathe league will be alternating between Lakeside hills and PC, the plan is for it to be at Lakeside Hills every week until further notice.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:42:16 PM by Utz »
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 12:50:22 PM »
BOD, thanks for getting the sign together and organized.  We have needed something like that for a long time at our courses.  I hope that is larger than 8 1/2 by  11.  But having something is better than nothing.  I think that it would also be beneficial to have another page that explains the league process, division, payout, workdays, local tournaments, and what the club does etc.  that would not have to be super in depth, but something that the rec player at their local course could immediately read and then go to the website for more info.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 12:55:03 PM »
I wish that the BoD would have checked a little better with everyone on this.  I like the information, don't get me wrong, but NE League with Cliff/BV was done last year, is being done this year and it probably wont be a PDGA league all year long.  Are we going to get updated signs in the future then to mirror this information of change?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 12:56:31 PM »
.....I think that it would also be beneficial to have another page that explains the league process, division, payout, workdays, local tournaments, and what the club does etc.  that would not have to be super in depth, but something that the rec player at their local course could immediately read and then go to the website for more info.

John, I know that something along these lines was done already.  I have them up at Cliff and Blue Valley marquee's already.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 12:58:48 PM »
I wish that the BoD would have checked a little better with everyone on this.  I like the information, don't get me wrong, but NE League with Cliff/BV was done last year, is being done this year and it probably wont be a PDGA league all year long.  Are we going to get updated signs in the future then to mirror this information of change?

They're just a sticker. It's cheap (enough) to have them reprinted, and re-stuck. We were trying to have these out before leagues started, its not our fault everyone wants a dag-nab custom league  ::)
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 01:09:29 PM »
Greg...and BOD...

Thanks for all the work you do for the Sport and KC Disc Gof!!

:D  :D  :D
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
Tom, It has been printed for more than a week (Final approval was March 21st). We certainly had a deadline. We wanted the flyer to be up before leagues started.. and you were still on the fence about the league situation. Erhem... On March 29th..

Although the league schedule indicates the Monday Olathe league will be alternating between Lakeside hills and PC, the plan is for it to be at Lakeside Hills every week until further notice.
Thanks!

Perhaps I hadn't made a decision or announcement when you went to print, but typically information isn't just assumed without confirming. I had never said it would rotate weekly, or at all. I did announce Monday though that it will alternate monthly.

I appreciate the effort, I'm just used to published items going thru a check before being finalized.

Again, thanks, and good job, mostly!

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »
Haters gonna hate. Just get out there and do the GOOD work.  ;D

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »
Eric, I never thought of you as a hater.  :P

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 03:20:23 PM »
So much bitterness on this forum lately. There used to be the MO/KS jabs and that was all in good fun.  Just seems like people pick fights just to instigate. What happened to the KCFDC that works together and provided constructive criticism?  Maybe I'm reading into things, but it seems pretty consistent now and it's not encouraging for all those KC disc players who never post on the forum, but do read the posts and may very well be turned off by the immature comments and jabs amongst what is supposedly the "best club the the country" with the "beat courses in the country." I would say the latter is true, but there's way too much bull**** and not enough cohesiveness around here IMO.

Just my two cents...and let the discussion begin...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339