Author Topic: Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!  (Read 334 times)

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!
« on: January 06, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »
Hey y'all! Interested in helping me write about women's involvement in disc golf in KC? I need some help from women AND men!! (Please men! We need your participation here!!)

Many of you know I adopted the KCFDC newsletter when I became a Board member at the end of December 2014. I have decided to continue with this role despite the fact that my tenure is up. I'm working on an idea for the Spring newsletter, which should come out perhaps a couple of months before the Third Annual KC Diva Spring Feeva (woohoo!). It's an article focusing on women's involvement and contributions to the Kansas City disc golf scene. The idea is not fully formed at this time but I have some ideas of the direction I want it to go. I would like to focus briefly on the history of women in the sport in KC leading into the history of Girls Night Out and the KC Disc Golf Divas as well as where we are at currently. We all know there's been a huge uptick in the formal involvement of women in our local community, so why not write about it?!

Here's where you come in:
In the article, I would like to feature a brief write up of 5-10 local women, both those who've been around awhile and those who are newer. I would really love if you would email me the names of 5-10 women in the local scene you feel have made a positive impact on our disc golf community and a short description of why. This could be an impact through their level or quality of play, community involvement, volunteerism, notable disc golf accomplishments or something that makes them stand out on the course. I will then wade through these and do my best to choose the 5-10 whom have received the most mention and do a brief write up of their contribution.

Serious inquiries/responses only please. Please email your responses to me at crispianpaul@hotmail.com. Because email is an easy way for me to cache, store and review responses, responding below won't help me as much. Thanks so much in advance for your support and words!
Crispian Lynn Paul PDGA #67456
Kansas City Disc Golf Diva
Former KCFDC Board Secretary
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Play disc golf. Move around. It's cool.

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Newsletter write up-NEED YOUR HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:41:20 PM »
Bump. If you can't email me, please tell me below 5-10 special women in our disc golf community and why!!
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

Nova

• Pro Poster
  • I meant for it to do that.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
Email sent.
Nova P. -- PDGA #74995 -- KCFDC #1860

ptinkc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 05:21:31 PM »
Lynn Warren- Hall of Fame from KC and an early pioneer for the women in the sport. Also helped Rick out with Disc Golf World News when Rick was sending out the magazine.
Kristie Svejda- First woman KCFDC President ground breaking at the time and traveled playing disc golf for a summer.
Rhonda Crosby- Started the Divas in KC along with a few other women and has grown the Divas and the tournament scene for women in KC to the 2nd largest all women's tournament in the world. Also very hands on with the development of the kcfdc site and behind the scenes work on the site. 

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:52:10 PM by dickthediscparker »
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Crispian

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »
Lynn Warren- Hall of Fame from KC and an early pioneer for the women in the sport. Also helped Rick out with Disc Golf World News when Rick was sending out the magazine.
Kristie Carduff- First woman KCFDC President ground breaking at the time and traveled playing disc golf for a summer.
Rhonda Crosby- Started the Divas in KC along with a few other women and has grown the Divas and the tournament scene for women in KC to the 2nd largest all women's tournament in the world. Also very hands on with the development of the kcfdc site and behind the scenes work on the site.

Do you mean Kristie Svejda? Or Tavish Cardiff? I've never heard of Kristie Carduff and I know Svejda was a president?
KCFDC Newsletter
crispianpaul@hotmail.com

dickthediscparker

• THE ONE AND ONLY
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Awesome at things. Many, mini things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:14:37 AM »
He means Kristie Svejda. She use to be married to Beckett in a different life.

Come on Pete, why didn't you go with Lynn Rothstein while you're at it. lol.
Dick Parker
• 2014-16 Kansas City Wide Open Tournament Director
• Course Designer
• Amateur Photoshopper

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »
He means Kristie Svejda. She use to be married to Beckett in a different life.

Come on Pete, why didn't you go with Lynn Rothstein while you're at it. lol.

:) ;) :D ;D
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
I +1 Kristie for the same reasons Pete said above.