Author Topic: Independence Disc Golf Day - 10/25  (Read 393 times)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Independence Disc Golf Day - 10/25
« on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:22 PM »
Attention Kansas City Disc Golfers!

Independence Parks and Recreation is going to be hosting a disc golf day on the 25th of October.  It will take place at William Yates Elementary School at the Sprint Disc Golf Course in Independence.  This is an effort made in part to show support for another disc golf course in Independence and also in part just to have fun on a fall afternoon!  The event will take place from 10 AM to 4 PM and will consist of more than just disc golf.  The school has several playground areas for young children to play and there may be a surprise appearance by the Independence Fire Department as well (yet to be confirmed).  The city plans to have other activities for families; rest assured it will be a good time!

We have encouraged the Park Board Commission members to come out and witness for themselves the kind of support for disc golf that we have in the Kansas City Metro.  John Theiss and I will work together to see if we want to put together some sort of mini tournament/ace race/casual round(s) for the day.  Details on that yet to come.  Basically what we are looking for is for as many people as possible to come out and show your love for the sport.  I know it's not the longest course in town and it may not challenge your disc golf ability as much.  However, we will have the course in tip top shape and hope that you can come out for an hour or two to enjoy the day!

If you have any questions, please PM me.  I'm not entirely sure who to contact, but if someone from the board reads this, please have the date and details posted on the club's website as we have included it on the flyer for viewing.  The flyer will soon be posted at some of the area courses.  Thank you so much!  Hope to see you all there!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Hoeser

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Independence Disc Golf Day - 10/25
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 01:17:20 AM »
I can queue this up for posting as soon as I have a flyer, graphics, event coordinator / TD contact info..
Rob Hoesly
rob.hoesly@gmail.com
816-200-1218
KCFDC # 1516
PDGA # 59482

Grip It & Rip It!

Hoeser

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
Rob Hoesly
rob.hoesly@gmail.com
816-200-1218
KCFDC # 1516
PDGA # 59482

Grip It & Rip It!

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:10:32 AM »
BUUUUUUMP!!!!!

The Independence Disc Golf Day is this coming Saturday.  I know that the Paradise 54 is also going on, but if you are not playing that and would like to support our cause, please try and attend.  We need to get as many people out as possible so please invite your family, friends and anyone else you can think of!  I'll be out there all day and we will have some extra discs along for those do not have any.  Please see my original post for more details.  We hope to see you there!

Thank you!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Hoeser

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:59:38 AM »
Jordan,

There are a couple questions on the Facebook page and group.. Care to chime in there?

-Rob
Rob Hoesly
rob.hoesly@gmail.com
816-200-1218
KCFDC # 1516
PDGA # 59482

Grip It & Rip It!

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 11:01:30 AM »
Jordan,

There are a couple questions on the Facebook page and group.. Care to chime in there?

-Rob

I do not have a Facebook, so I can't really help out with that.  Can you guys post them here?
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 12:43:13 PM »
I thought i was the only person without Facebook...hmmm...maybe there  are more of us out there?

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »
Good job guys! Will the City have loaner discs? New discs for sale? Will the KCFDC have handouts? Scorecards?

I will be there most of the day to show off, err, lead beginners around the course  :D

...maybe I can match my younger days at Swope with four or five rounds in one day  :o
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Steve the Quiz Berry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 04:45:16 PM »
 8)From what I've heard,  and seen on TV...a lot of drama is on this Facebook thing that you speak of. Not something I care to be apart of. ..
I thought i was the only person without Facebook...hmmm...maybe there  are more of us out there?

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 07:42:49 PM »
There will be loaner discs but no vending. As for the scorecards, etc....we are just asking people to get out and play.  We don't want to make this a tournament atmosphere and turn people away.  No winners or losers, just disc golf!!!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »
Non Facebooker
Steven Disc Glover