Author Topic: Course Records  (Read 1674 times)

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Course Records
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
I took a "12" on #12 during Cliff Drive league once, through a combination of road OBs and going all the way down the hill to the right. IIRC, it was a drive OB, another OB from DZ, then a pissed-off lefty hyzer throw from DZ that went high and blew to the bottom of the hill, several attempts to get back up the hill that hit trees and rolled back down, then finally a successful throw to get up the hill that overshot the fairway and went back OB, then a missed OB putt, then finally a hole out. Yes, it was infuriating.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

coops

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 08:55:01 AM »
I think I've dug out the records that were posted in there. If I didn't see them, I apologize, it wasn't intentional it was just digging through this bragging about worst holes ever!

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 09:19:20 AM »
I never conceded the hole to him and that pissed him off more than the amount of time it took me to reach the green.

Don't mess with the Desert Cactus!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 09:28:26 AM »
worst hole ever by a local - prob rick rothstein's blackjack at usdgc or select a hole that is far from a beer cooler for big wave
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
Becket's 13 on #13 at Wyco during the Wide Open will always be a fan favorite of mine.....

The record though I think goes to Matt Fausch I think he took a 24 on #13 at Cliff during the Wide Open one year.....kept on throwing discs up to try to get one out of the tree.....

Matt.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
I took a "12" on #12 during Cliff Drive league once, through a combination of road OBs and going all the way down the hill to the right. IIRC, it was a drive OB, another OB from DZ, then a pissed-off lefty hyzer throw from DZ that went high and blew to the bottom of the hill, several attempts to get back up the hill that hit trees and rolled back down, then finally a successful throw to get up the hill that overshot the fairway and went back OB, then a missed OB putt, then finally a hole out. Yes, it was infuriating.
Player's Cup on hole 1. The strokes didn't count so I Tin Cupped the approach shot.

The hole was a huge drive to a lay up area. Then you could either play safe and go the long way around, or pump a huge hyzer shot over the OB and try to drop it on the well-protected green. I opted for the latter. My first drive (1) landed perfectly at the lay up area. Approach attempt 1 (2) missed. So did attempts 2 (4), 3 (6), 4 (8), 5 (10), 6 (12), 7(14), but I made it on attempt 8 (16). I then missed my putt (17) and had a drop in for an 18. Mr. Williams, already pissed off took a 4 and won the hole. I never conceded the hole to him and that pissed him off more than the amount of time it took me to reach the green.

Hmm, should I not help staff the WO this year, and spend my time heckling that Williams dude instead? I could video it.

Mike, you have got some funny posts.    I can hear Mike now saying,  " Hey Williams, you suck Jackass" and "nice shooting soldier"  "just send it home, are you to good for your home, go home". 

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
Cooper, Sheet 35 of the Phill league post has Dan's compilation of all league scores from 2007 through 10/2011.  This is what Dan had for records:

Low round before course re-config: 39 on 3/9/2008 Leo DaPrato/Steve Dresser, 3/16/2008   Leo DaPrato/Otto Spiers, 3/16/2008 Heberto Villarreal/Cali

Low round after course re-config: 39 on 6/13/2010 Ken Franks/Mike Davis

Great work Dan for keeping all of those stats!
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 06:41:39 PM »
Player's Cup on hole 1. The strokes didn't count so I Tin Cupped the approach shot.

The hole was a huge drive to a lay up area. Then you could either play safe and go the long way around, or pump a huge hyzer shot over the OB and try to drop it on the well-protected green. I opted for the latter. My first drive (1) landed perfectly at the lay up area. Approach attempt 1 (2) missed. So did attempts 2 (4), 3 (6), 4 (8), 5 (10), 6 (12), 7(14), but I made it on attempt 8 (16). I then missed my putt (17) and had a drop in for an 18. Mr. Williams, already pissed off took a 4 and won the hole. I never conceded the hole to him and that pissed him off more than the amount of time it took me to reach the green.

Hmm, should I not help staff the WO this year, and spend my time heckling that Williams dude instead? I could video it.

Mike, you have got some funny posts.    I can hear Mike now saying,  " Hey Williams, you suck Jackass" and "nice shooting soldier"  "just send it home, are you to good for your home, go home".

After much thought and careful consideration, I don't think heckling Mr. Williams or even talking to him at all would be necessary. Rather, I think simply following him closely while video recording with my phone may elicit the Youtube moment we're looking for. If he asks why I'm following him and recording video with my phone, I'll just pretend to be a deaf mute by making funny faces, shaking my head, shrugging my shoulders, and gesturing toward my mouth with my free hand. Picture that, you know it's funny.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 06:42:36 PM »
Oh man, I'll help...

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:18 PM »
Elder Bird and The Bird Father shot a 40 at the original PHill....IN THE DARK!

I can confirm this. This was our fourth round of the day, and I think we were all going on alcohol and muscle memory. Still, great shooting! and a great time.

sportwood

• Am Poster
  • Chris Portwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
After opening my mouth and calling Loomis' 18 epic I shot a 17 at Municipal on hole 8 (380ft) during the GBO.  The winds were so bad when I was putting that I had to straddle put and just lean into the wind as I was on a hill and I just used the wind to hold me up.  I tried to lay up and the disc hit the ground by the basket and shook for a few seconds before taking off.  My second put was more of an approach than put.  I landed it on the ridge of the hill up wind of the pin a little further than I would have liked but I was very happy with it.  I threw my put and it hit center chains but when it hit the post it lifted up and took off  again this time coming to rest on the ridge about 15 ft down wind.  I threw my put and it to my excitement hit the chains perfectly and the disc which had about 6 inches to go.  I then started yelling "drop" as a surge of wind on top of the already gail force wind held the disc in place.  It then started to to very slowly start to rise.  It took off nearly rolling into the pond about 40 ft away.  This continued until I was robbed of another put that hit the bottom of the basket prior to lifting up and out of bounds.  I finally ended it with a nerve racking 50 ft  approach that was pinned against the hill at the base of the basket.  I ran full sprint to the disc with my mini in hand so I could prevent another serge from sending my poor putter airborne again.   From there I was able to place the disc carefully in the basket.
Thanks,
Chris Portwood
Technology Team
PDGA# 55595

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 05:52:13 PM »
Say this over and over to yourself, lay up with an upside down putter shot.

Loomis

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2013, 10:03:57 AM »
I had a really hot round going on the last day of the GBO, and then I took a 10 on hole eighteen at the country club to end out of the money. A 10. And the worst part of it - I misplayed the hole. I mistakenly went to the drop zone after I went OB on my upshot and not my drive. I should have gone to the island where it went out and played it from there. That would have dropped five strokes. But, in the heat of my moment, I didn't take the time to evaluate the situation before I played it. So now this is the greatest "F" up of my career. Gotta take your time and think about your options. Gotta think.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »
No one on your card told you that either?  I stopped Aric from doing that there this year.  I mean I get it at some point we don't talk, but that is a scenario that you really need to step above the issue and help the scenario before it breaks down.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2013, 10:41:06 AM »
Fred and I were tied up, or pretty close at the time, and he was having his own issues with the hole; and the other guy on our card had already mentally collapsed before hole one and wasn't in the game. And really, I think it is my responsibility to play it correctly, and not the other players who are trying to beat me. This was on me.