Author Topic: Course Records  (Read 2207 times)

clousenarin

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Course Records
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 11:15:05 AM »
Shooting -14 on old p hill course is a good score.  Shooting -14 on the newer version would be insane.  That needs an asterisk by it.  Haha

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »
I get that Loomis.  It is all our responsibility to know the rules.  Apparently everyone thinks that an OB disc can't be retrieved to throw again.  I am not sure who started that rumor....but......the only thing you may be able to get them for would be 30 seconds.  Now, a Mandatory I believe that you have to leave it...but I am foggy on that, it may have changed as well...

Still, common practice in a "gentlemans game" should indicate that we help each other, because there will be a day when you will be in need of that some help.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:29 AM »
I would've stopped you from throwing from the DZ after anything but your drive. :-\

Loomis

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
In the moment, we all forgot what was going on.

fenton

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 11:50:03 AM »
I took a triple circle ten on 7 at cc!

Jack, the OB retrieval rule was brought up on my card at Muni. Rizzloe retrieved a disc from an OB shot to throw on the next. I didn't get my pdga rule book in time and no one had a current one...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
Jack, the OB retrieval rule was brought up on my card at Muni. Rizzloe retrieved a disc from an OB shot to throw on the next. I didn't get my pdga rule book in time and no one had a current one...

I can't find anything in the rule book that states you can't use a disc that went OB.  In fact I can't find in the Mando section currently either (now i haven't scoured the rule book for it yet, but I will).  I could be thinking of an older version of the rules, because the entire Mando section was basically redone this year.  So it may in fact be that now you can go and get a disc that was thrown missing the Mando, but you then can call the person on 30 seconds....The 30 second rule got a big beefy update this year for certain....winds like this past weekend could have made it tough on players to really enforce it.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »
As far as I understand it, you can retrieve your disc and throw it again as long as you do it within 30 seconds of approaching your lie. I know it use to be 30 seconds from when you placed your mini, but that was changed this year to when you address your lie or something to that effect.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 04:53:30 PM »
In the Introduction section on the rules page...

"You are now allowed to retrieve a disc after a stance violation (the excessive time rule still applies of course). "

"The 30-second clock (excessive time) now starts when you reach your disc, rather than after you mark it, since a disc may not be marked. You can no longer stand over your disc holding your mini for an indefinite amount of time."