Author Topic: Disc Golf IQ  (Read 2877 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Golf IQ
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2013, 11:15:42 AM »
I meant touring pros, so you've got me on that one. But who? It's a city of Masters and has-beens IMO. I never see anyone practicing. I've never been shared a training regiment by anyone. Its just round after round. I wonder if anyone really wants to get better around these parts --- or just sit back and have "fun" on par 54 courses.

i remember seeing Arturo practicing putting, up shots and drives at Rosie.  Having all summer off as a teacher, i was out there at all hours and i would run across him practicing and i would try to learn whatever i could  from watching his techniques. 

Loomis

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »
I guess so

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:27 PM »
It's a city of Masters and has-beens IMO.

That's not entirely true.....I'm a never was and never will be.  :P

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:37 PM »
Loomis, Yoga, hell yeah. I use it every time I put. Rooting down and reaching out in all directions. And as Vince mentioned: breathe! Yes, it is great.

Technique and practice. Technique and developing a personal routine is huge. I am not great at disc golf, but far from crappy, and I have found that finding what works and sticking with it is how I improve. All of the feedback here has some truth, especially what Palmer said  :)
I just go out and try new shots. If they work, I start to work on them. The same with putting. I have two putting styles I switch between depending on the conditions and the shot. But most importantly, I always follow my routine.

The number one thing is attitude, previously mentioned as confidence. Why do you think Pros tell Ams to play up? To learn the winning attitude. I stay in shape and work had at everything I do because my attitude informs my performance. I have beat too many players because I crushed their head game with my winning attitude.

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
Man I know how to kill a thread!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
Pretty sure it died of natural causes when almost everyone participating packed up and headed to Emporia.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

rickrose2007

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
Pretty sure it died of natural causes when almost everyone participating packed up and headed to Emporia.

While I am sitting here at work jealous, wishing I could be there...
Where'd my disc go?
KCFDC #:  1472
PDGA#:  54955

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »

While I am sitting here at work jealous, wishing I could be there...

Just head down after work. The player's party is always fun.

Loomis

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:11 AM »
The player's party was the biggest and best I've ever seen for a tournament, and it was the best part of the weekend for me. I hope you made it down.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 08:38:03 AM »
The player's party was the biggest and best I've ever seen for a tournament, and it was the best part of the weekend for me. I hope you made it down.

I agree with Loomis, the block party was a blast and the highlight for me.  I think in the future if I can't play in the tournament, I will come down for the player's party. 

Loomis

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:49 AM »
There is video up of the party

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »
KC has no pros. No one practices here. I told LaRon that just the other day. No one has a practice regiment.

Speaking of LaRon, he has stepped up and has been out at Rosedale every Monday night at 5 to work with anyone willing to put in the time to practice. Come out if you can but be ready to work. There is a regiment he will teach you.

He is a great coach/mentor - in fact he was Eric McCabes. So far I have been shocked that more people have not come out to take advantage of this opportunity.

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »
Tracy - He's there at 5 but is usually out there til dark so come out when you can.

Loomis

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »
Whereabouts at Rosedale?

rhonda

• Administrator
  • Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »
Near hole 1 practice basket