Author Topic: Cliff Drive Work Day May 18th-NE Neighborhood Cleanup Day alignment  (Read 1278 times)

coops

Re: Cliff Drive Work Day May 18th-NE Neighborhood Cleanup Day alignment
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
Well-written and well-said.

Was it only golfers who came out to work this weekend?

BenC

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 02:35:25 PM »
Yes it was.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »
According to Jack, there was a group of neighborhood volunteers working on the east end of the park. Do keep in mind that there is more to Kessler Park than just the disc golf course as far as the neighbors are concerned. Seven guys working on the course was great a good turnout for any Cliff Drive workday.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

coops

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:36 AM »
Cool. I was just curious what kind of turn out there was.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 08:33:59 AM »
A big special THANK YOU to Beckett Carduff who came out yesterday all day and did some more major removal on the honeysuckle, and removed a ton (ok not a ton, but at least 5 trash bags worth) of old cans that had made its way down the area we are looking to reclaim.

Uh, yeah! Holy sh1t, dude! This pile is bigger than it looks, too:

KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

coops

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 08:49:41 AM »
A big special THANK YOU to Beckett Carduff who came out yesterday all day and did some more major removal on the honeysuckle, and removed a ton (ok not a ton, but at least 5 trash bags worth) of old cans that had made its way down the area we are looking to reclaim.

Uh, yeah! Holy sh1t, dude! This pile is bigger than it looks, too:

That is giant! It always amazes me that people would rather toss that stuff in nature than go through the minimal effort of getting it to a trash can or recycling it.

Great job Beckett! (And make sure your tetanus booster is up to date!)

coops

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »
Many different organizations participated in the cleanup, hence the title name......but I digress....

I'm not sure how it would be a digression. If there are groups that participated that could be contacted by a number of club members with a short email I think it would be great. By group I don't mean a collection of individuals. Of course that would be cumbersome and ineffectual. I posted the reasoning somewhere else and don't wish to rehash it all but my points are valid. So, were there 'groups' in the sense that they have group contact information (like Churches, Boy Scout Troops, HOA's, Temples, Mosques, Homeless Shelters, Non-Profits, etc...) or was it explicitly members of the community unattached to an outside group and brought together only in the name of neighborhood cleanup?

(This isn't to suggest that work done by the loose association of neighbors is less laudable. It is great and wonderful and should be celebrated. Any suggestion that that is my point is a misreading and I would ask the reader to re-evaluate my words and intent.)

In any case, this is great. Thanks to Jack for getting people out there and to everyone who eschewed the local tournament for the betterment of our courses.

coops

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
Still waiting on a response. If it was a loose association just say so, Jack. If it wasn't then it should become clear that Jack just doesn't like this idea and is choosing not to respond to kill it.

coops

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
Man, there's a lot of activity in General Banter today by a few people and this thing just got bumped really low! Great to see all the discussion about how to make our club better.

BUMP

coops

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
After many reasonable requests for information and a lot of nothing in response I have decided that I no longer wish to deal with this any more and am not going to push it forward any further.

I would like to point out that all of these requests have been civil and have been based on trying to better the club. The lack of any sort of response has been disheartening at best. Clearly it hasn't been for lack of time. (See 6-8 other threads in General Banter just today.)

At the heart of the issue Jack doesn't think this is a good idea and therefore it won't happen (this time).

If anyone has any other work days or hears of a non-DG group doing some work even outside of our set days for us please post it. I still believe we should shower them with gratitude. I'm not sure what the harm is but apparently, in this instance, there must be some. I will definitely say thanks to any groups I hear about for as long as I'm still in this area and would encourage you all to do the same.

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
Well Cooper I suppose you couldnt' help yourself even after our PM's back and forth all day long I thought we had communicated and came to an agreement, this post proves my original point.  If you want to work with the club please do but if you continue to work against and post negative comments (even after I spent my work day making you a priority) then go for it. 

After many reasonable requests for information and a lot of nothing in response I have decided that I no longer wish to deal with this any more and am not going to push it forward any further.

I would like to point out that all of these requests have been civil and have been based on trying to better the club. The lack of any sort of response has been disheartening at best. Clearly it hasn't been for lack of time. (See 6-8 other threads in General Banter just today.)

At the heart of the issue Jack doesn't think this is a good idea and therefore it won't happen (this time).

If anyone has any other work days or hears of a non-DG group doing some work even outside of our set days for us please post it. I still believe we should shower them with gratitude. I'm not sure what the harm is but apparently, in this instance, there must be some. I will definitely say thanks to any groups I hear about for as long as I'm still in this area and would encourage you all to do the same.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:52 PM »
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

coops

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »
Well Cooper I suppose you couldnt' help yourself even after our PM's back and forth all day long I thought we had communicated and came to an agreement, this post proves my original point.  If you want to work with the club please do but if you continue to work against and post negative comments (even after I spent my work day making you a priority) then go for it. 

I did end it, which is what I thought we were agreeing to.

I defy you to point out one part of my post that was not truthful. Sometime the truth hurts, yes, but that doesn't mean it is any less the truth. Now, as to whether a painful truth can be considered negative, I suppose that is an entirely different debate and one that I won't engage with unless you want to.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
That's a BS argument Cooper.  Just because you CAN be a d**k, doesn't mean you should be.  There is something called tact.

Shape the arguments however you want.

coops

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 07:02:52 PM »
Interesting that I'm the one criticized for lack of tact.

Well, to address the issue head on, my point is that I've been very tactful for quite some time. I've poked. I've prodded. I've asked nicely and still there hadn't been a response. I would have approached him via PM but I've learned my lesson about that. At some point the writing is on the wall, yes? That is my point. Letting one member kill something because... well, I'm not going to even make a guess at that, seems quite silly.

When approached privately by Kristie we had some excellent discussion about the whole thing and came to an agreement. I backed out of the argument and agreed that I wouldn't ask Jack for anything else, which I did. The only thing I wanted to leave the thread with is to question why someone who had time to comment on every other active thread in General Banter didn't have the time to respond in any way, shape, or form.

That is all.

So why am I responding to this point, Brian? Who even cares. The important part, the idea, has been killed. Thanking groups of volunteers (in this instance) is still exclusively in the purview of Jack. It is just a shame that that simple and wonderful idea has been destroyed.