Author Topic: Marshall Spring Fling April 27th  (Read 1387 times)

outotown

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Marshall Spring Fling April 27th
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:40:43 PM »
Marshall will be hosting the 2nd Annual Spring Fling on April 27th.

Check out the flyer:

Or

http://www.discgolfmonkey.com/

Hope to see everyone there.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:59:17 PM by outotown »

Loomis

Re: Marshall Spring Fling April 27th
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
The link doesn't work

outotown

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:59:47 PM »
The link is fixed.

Loomis

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:53:47 AM »
Any idea what the layout for the courses is going to be? And do they have pads in for both courses?

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 08:03:39 AM »
Can't speak to the layout-however believe they only have one pin location for each hole.

Both courses have tee pads.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 09:10:30 AM »
bummer, LOVE these courses, but wont be back to defend. A tier in Quad Cities that weekend...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Loomis

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
Hmmmmm... Quad cities... or Marshall... Quad cities... or Marshall...

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 09:15:58 AM »
kinda a no brainer to me!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

Loomis

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:11 AM »
I have to use my brainer to decide if I can make that trip or not. The brainer is in full effect at the moment. When are you headed up there?

outotown

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »
Both courses have concrete tees and a couple have multiple pads; the north course has multiple pin placement.  Both courses will be used for this tournament.

coops

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 12:29:29 PM »
What are the courses like?

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 01:14:37 PM »
What are the courses like?

Coop, I won't be able to give a "Loomis-esque" response, but I'll do my best.  There's two courses at this location.  They have a lot of options because the courses are side by side.  They've even put together a "championship" course that combines holes from two courses into one monster layout.  I doubt that will be used for the tournament, but a cool thought nonetheless. 

The original course has two tee pads for most holes and has quite the variety of shots.  There's open shots, wooded shots, uphill shots and downhill shots.  There's a few bomber holes, but for the most part the pins are reachable with a good drive.  There's definitely a line to be hit on most holes given the slope of the hills, trees and some well thought out basket placement.  Now's the time to score low out there because in the summer months, the wood holes get knarly.  Innova discatchers here.

The second course was just put in last year or the year before.  It has Monkeytrap baskets just like that of Joplin and several southern Missouri courses.  Hint: hit low right!  The course starts out in the woods and gradually works its way out...only to go back into the woods again later on.  A good variety of shots here as well.  This one isn't for the faint of heart.  There are some bombers.  One hole is probably a good 600' uphill and the basket is on somewhat of a peninsula.  If your upshot ends 30' to the left of the basket, it is sailing about a 150' downhill into a skatepark.  Another hole is woodsy and long and right next to a lake.  A bad kick will put you in the water so be careful on that one. 

All in all I would just say there is a WIDE variety of holes here.  Pretty much anything under the sun.  I'd really consider playing this tournament.  I know they had a few baskets that had been vandalized a few months back, but surely it'll be corrected prior to the tourney.  Enjoy.
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 01:23:19 PM »
Well said Jordan. The courses will test most if not all assets of your game. This is a tournament I am considering for sure.
Matt perry

Loomis

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 01:26:26 PM »
I will keep my response very "hunky." Before perry, this was my favorite course in the area. The two courses are challenging and it's worth playing the drive to play them.

coops

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:14 AM »
I'm considering a jaunt over on Saturday to play the courses if the weather forecast holds to see if I'd like to play the tournament.

Anyone interested?