Author Topic: Shame-so many should feel it....  (Read 2304 times)

coops

Re: Shame-so many should feel it....
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09:50 AM »
That was the reasoning for the topic, it has taken on a life of its own, and although has ups and downs, it has some great merit for conversation points on better ways to help.

I stand by my point that the good actions of one group should not be used to shame another.

With that caveat I would also like to offer a hearty 'Amen' to your point about the merits of this conversation. We do need to do better, not out of shame, but out of love. Love for our city, love for our courses, and love for each other.

I would like to officially propose that we start thanking people who do work on our courses. We thank them in person if we see them. We thank them electronically if we only hear about it. We thank them with letters if they are Amish and don't use the internet.

If we cultivate an atmosphere of thankfulness and gratitude I'm willing to bet that more people will show up for work days. Not out of fear of Jack's wrath or necessity but because that thankfulness and gratitude will parlay itself into ownership.