Author Topic: 4/29/13 League Results  (Read 888 times)

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 4/29/13 League Results
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 05:09:08 PM »
Hey Jack - I think we may be using 'points' in two different ways.

Are you using the term points for the league as a whole, as in scoring, final awards, payouts, etc.  If so, I think this PDGA FAQ applies:

How does league scoring work for final awards and payouts?
TDs can run their leagues pretty much however they run them now using best average scores, a points system, best 4 of 10 finish positions or handicaps to determine nightly and final league standings. Payouts will not be reported to the PDGA so amateurs may even get cash payouts if the TD prefers and they will not lose their amateur standing.

I was using points as in PDGA points for Am Worlds, etc.  In the FAQ section it states:

Do players earn PDGA points?
Yes. Players will earn PDGA points based on how many players they tied or beat in their division during each week of play.  League points are 1/2 the amount of points of a C-Tier tournament.

So it looks like when the final upload occurs, the PDGA rating will automatically assign PDGA Points based on a weekly basis of who you beat in your division.  And the league TD can have a separate point system unrelated and do whatever they want.  Looking at it that way, I think what you outlined above is very fair.

Or I may totally be lacking in my reading comprehension of both you and the PDGA.

Looks like it is all good, eh?
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:11 AM »
For the record:  I wasn't really going to DNF, I was just joking around with dick and jack.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 08:39:14 AM »
It is a cumulative point process, not a weekly process for points, that is why I am leaning towards the model that I spoke of, and not doing it as a best 8 out of 10 series.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"