Author Topic: stolen basket  (Read 2022 times)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
Re: stolen basket
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 09:57:50 PM »
ok two Items then im done.

1: how about contacting the local scrap yards and faxing over or emailing a picture, give them a $100 reward for their purchase of it and notification to police.

2: how about a tracking device inside/incorperated into the basket. Yes i imagine that it would be expensive for ALL the baskets, but lets be honest... it is usually a certain basket that is easy to steal like the Practice Basket on Lakeside. So 1 device on 1 basket on each course that is prone to theft. If the battery lasts 2 years on a new basket, I think by the time that expired, the basket has reached a good age of maturity anyway. If it is stolen just reup the contract and put a new tracker on it until we know the location isnt a high theft area. Hard to have nice things but good to protect them. (or do what we did at my golf course and have the police install a motion sensor camera next to the road so that if someone walks up it starts recording, pretty handy at catching vandals as well as theives).

2a: This could be tied into GPS for all courses so I would know exactly when to throw my TeeeBird or my Putttter.

Next question.  Do all of the baskets have a lock on them at Lakeside?
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:59 AM »
All baskets at Lakeside Hills and at Prairie Center have locks. Although the lock at Lakeside Hills are pretty heavy duty, all locks really do is keep honest people honest. They really are not much of a deterrent to an individual(s) that is determined to steal.  :(

I would propose that when the thieves are caught, their names are made known to the KCFDC membership, and they are banned from any KCFDC league or event for life. I believe the PDGA disciplinary folks could be persuaded to also ban them from participating in any PDGA events for a period of time as well. I doubt the low- lifes that stole our basket(s) care about any of this, but maybe?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:23:45 AM by Tom »

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »
I would propose that when the thieves are caught, their names are made known to the KCFDC membership, and they are banned from any KCFDC league or event for life. I believe the PDGA disciplinary folks could be persuaded to also ban them from participating in any PDGA events for a period of time as well. I doubt the low- lifes that stole our basket(s) care about any of this, but maybe?

Definitely this.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »
I agree.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
Whoa - I agree with Hyzer on something. 
This is a beginning Mike....
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
how about a tracking device inside/incorperated into the basket.

1. Invent it
2. Pitch it
3. ???
4. Profit
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:07 PM »
An inconspicuous spot under where a part must be taken off from the basket to find a serial number
Steven Disc Glover

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 08:45:10 AM »
We do engrave all the KCMO baskets I will not share where it is, but suffice it to say, it is simple enough to do prior to installation of the baskets.  We started doing this I think in 2004 or so with Cliff Drive.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »
First, I agree with the tracking device of some kind installed.  Second, it's theft.  I don't know the laws , but above a certain dollar amount stolen is a felony.  People who are found guilty should have at least a misdemeanor on their record if not a felony.  Third, I agree with banishment for life from KCFDC, and that includes all leagues and tournaments. 
People are putting tracking devices in their pets thru operations.  A few at each course would deter theft.  A sign stating that fact at hole #1 would deter theft:  "All baskets contain GPS tracking devices AND engraved serial numbers.  Anybody caught stealing any basket will have a felony (or misdemeanor) on their record.  The thief will also be banned from participation for life from any KCFDC event.  Please leave the equipment alone.  It is for everybody's use."

kcfrisbee

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »
All baskets at Lakeside Hills and at Prairie Center have locks. Although the lock at Lakeside Hills are pretty heavy duty, all locks really do is keep honest people honest. They really are not much of a deterrent to an individual(s) that is determined to steal.  :(

Whoever it was will get busted, they always do and generally after that they are blackballed from the sport with or without the KCFDC getting involved.  I love that about DG!