Author Topic: Pads  (Read 1976 times)

coops

Re: Pads
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 10:51:02 AM »
Looking great!

How is the grass/ticks/ivy situation out there? I'm wanting to get one more go round before I skedaddle and am hoping to see it in its element!

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:49 AM »
Looking great!

How is the grass/ticks/ivy situation out there? I'm wanting to get one more go round before I skedaddle and am hoping to see it in its element!

The grass looked to be freshly mowed (within the last week) and was looking closer to its golf course history on the fairways. This only poison ivy I noticed was on the path down to #4s fairway from the tee but it was well off the path. My son is pretty allergic to the stuff so I always have to have my out for it  :o The whole place was extremely well manicured.

As for the tick situation, I kept checking us for any every other hole or so and didn't find a single one on either of us. Thank goodness because it seems that every time I take the boy out he seems to always bring one home. I'm thinking because of the fresh mow and the work that has been recently done to clean up the course this would be prime time to get out there and avoid the little buggers.
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

Bitter79

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 11:16:01 PM »
Just to let you all know... Permethrin, the main chemical used to spray for tick's, in a gross estimate of about 150 acres (the land that is used for the Disc Golf Course), would cost about $2500 for just the chemical application. Not including the man hours / spray equipment. The best prevention of tick's is consistant mowing of less than 4", thus why most ball golf courses never need to spray for ticks, and why it is expensive to do so. This also only gives about a 90 day residual, because of the EPA's dislike of long residual chemicals. One good application of Dursban would keep the little buggers away for years... dang the EPA for keeping us cancer free.

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
Just to let you all know... Permethrin, the main chemical used to spray for tick's, in a gross estimate of about 150 acres (the land that is used for the Disc Golf Course), would cost about $2500 for just the chemical application. Not including the man hours / spray equipment. The best prevention of tick's is consistant mowing of less than 4", thus why most ball golf courses never need to spray for ticks, and why it is expensive to do so. This also only gives about a 90 day residual, because of the EPA's dislike of long residual chemicals. One good application of Dursban would keep the little buggers away for years... dang the EPA for keeping us cancer free.

I vote for this guy to be on the BOD. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

Put some more torque on it kid!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA