Author Topic: Grass Problem  (Read 1955 times)

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Grass Problem
« on: May 13, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »
So Legacy Park has really been falling behind on mowing the grass. I believe they mowed the course for the first time 2 weeks ago. The rough is 2'-3' tall & the fairways are 1'-3' tall.  They mow some fairways only 20' wide (Hole#5,7,8) . Even if you keep it in the fairways you are still looking for 5-10 min to find your disc & you saw where it went. I saw the lawn company that mows Legacy out there tonight but they only mowed the edge of the walking paths, shelter houses, & playground areas. Lastly on hole 17 I dang near stepped on a snake walking through 3' grass in the fairway. I don't think keeping the grass cut will make snakes go away but at least i would  have a chance of seeing it before i put my hand down to pick up a disc & get bit or something.

My question is does the Club have any pull or weight to say WTH. It was really annoying the whole round having to search for your disc after throw but seeing that snake made me think it is really a pretty big safety risk too.
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Grass Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:50:10 AM »
I'm not speaking for the club, but I ran league out there a couple years ago and it took alot of effort to just get the baskets moved. Last I knew they only mow the course a few times a year. Dan Coffman and others can attest  to the problem we face with lsp&r. They think the course is just fine the way it is and don't want to put anymore money into it.
Jay Cram

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:14:23 AM »
I like that they started mowing all of the back section on 7&8 a couple years back...the weather has been crazy for mowing. i bet they get it cut very soon.
putt, putt, give.

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:20 AM »
Dan said on Friday that he would contact Scott at LSPR and see what the hold up is on the mowing schedule.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:32:24 AM »
Just waiting for a west sider to put a plug in here telling us to keep it in the fairway and it wouldn't be an issue. I agree, true statement. But the count is still 1-0. And the horse is already dead, quit beatin it!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 10:33:57 AM »
Just waiting for a west sider to put a plug in here telling us to keep it in the fairway and it wouldn't be an issue. I agree, true statement. But the count is still 1-0. And the horse is already dead, quit beatin it!

Says the man with the club in his hand.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »
And the horse is already dead, quit beatin it!

I think it still has some life left. 

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 12:55:28 PM »

Crutch to be exact
Matt perry

coops

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:03 PM »

Boy! If that isn't the definition of a Straw Man I don't know what is.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »

Crutch to be exact

Way to livin' up the Legacy Forum!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

It doesn't really matter when the "fairway" is up to your knees.  We almost lost drives in the fairway on hole 5 last week.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:08:56 PM »

Can I get a t-shirt that says straw man on the back? Coop is not letting this one go. Fallacy he cries! FALLACY!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

coops

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:35 PM »

Can I get a t-shirt that says straw man on the back? Coop is not letting this one go. Fallacy he cries! FALLACY!

When the fallacious argumentation ceases so shall I.

Until then I think Straw Man would be a wonderful nickname for you and it should be mandatory to be present on any apparel worn at a tournament.

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:32:18 PM »
Fallacious argumentation. Ha. Well on that note, I wish all who partake in the festival of throwing discs the best of fortune. However, I am sure the fine homosapien gentlemen and women from the eastern expanse will bring great pain to the gluteus maximus of any mortal who chooses to side with the western expanse by means of superior ability....in other words a good swift kick in the rear cuz we will take the trophy home again!!!!!!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

spnachio

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:44 PM »
Wrong thread guys. Its sounds like yalls "grass problem" is you need to smoke some.