Author Topic: Grass Problem  (Read 1497 times)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Grass Problem
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »
Wrong thread guys. Its sounds like yalls "grass problem" is you need to smoke some.

It's necessary to smoke out the bugs in the 2 foot high grass that will inevitably be crawling all over you, simply for landing in the "fairway".

Hopefully the city mows this week.  I will still run league for the brave souls that want to wade through that s**t, but I'm not going to trudge in it.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 09:03:08 PM »
Scott did call me this afternoon & advised they should of mowed it yesterday. When I told him they didn't he said it should be today then. He said they should be mowing the fairways every 2 weeks & was aware they didn't do a very good job last time.  Hopefully this keeps them on top of things but the feeling I got is its just not important to them.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 10:23:14 AM »
Grass has been mowed and the fairways look awesome.
Matt perry

Utz

• Administrator
  • Pro Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
I'm glad there's a positive resolution to this. Citizens of Lee's Summit and disc golfers must voice their opinion to the parks and rec to let them know that we want this course to stay, and mowing is a necessity for that. We dont want to see another course get pulled!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 01:09:51 PM »
Scott did call me this afternoon & advised they should of mowed it yesterday. When I told him they didn't he said it should be today then. He said they should be mowing the fairways every 2 weeks & was aware they didn't do a very good job last time.  Hopefully this keeps them on top of things but the feeling I got is its just not important to them.

Got the same information from Scott as well, spot on everything notated here.  Excellent work.  The more people that show interest in the park and the desire to make it better, the more that it should be a priority.

Remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil, but the corvette with the squeaky wheel will always get looked before the chevette, so be sure to look your best when interacting with the people that control our parks.

Excellent response though Kelly!!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 01:12:58 PM »
I'm glad there's a positive resolution to this. Citizens of Lee's Summit and disc golfers must voice their opinion to the parks and rec to let them know that we want this course to stay, and mowing is a necessity for that. We dont want to see another course get pulled!

Not cry the sky is falling here, but I don't think that this has ever been the case.  Lees Summit P&R first talked about a course I think back in 1997, had a lot of steam in 1999, then got it going again in 2002, then ran into some issues with the Feds about the land.  Then got it back on track in 2005, but failed to get the neighborhood association on board, and then finally decided on Legacy.  They like the course, and I don't feel that it is a threat to vanish.

They also admire the "rough" and feel that is part of the course, and I don't envision them eliminating that for some time.

I was told that the rough gets mowed 2-3x/yr though, and that it will be mowed within the next few weeks.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
It would be prudent for anyone interested in some context here to read back to the beginning of the Legacy forum.  We have had ALL of these conversations before.  Seriously.

Loomis

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 03:53:26 PM »
 Everything old is new in Lee's Summit

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
am I old or new... or both.
I don't really care, I just wanted to be the 1000th post on the Legacy forum.  :)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
am I old or new... or both.
I don't really care, I just wanted to be the 1000th post on the Legacy forum.  :)

wow, I think that I have posted 1000 times in the Cliff Forum

:-p
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »
wow, I think that I have posted 1000 times in the Cliff Forum:-p

noooooo, really?

dclabe

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 04:32:53 PM »
I played Legacy today and this mow is much better than the prior mow but still has some issues.  I talked to Scott briefly and sent him the following email today...

As I mentioned in your office today, the course looks a lot better after this mow.  After thinking about it, where the greens aren't properly mowed (70' diameter) is mostly where only the white pvc pipe is in the pin.  The following greens with the white pvc pipe in the pin that need mowed are: #3 Long, #5 Short, #7 Short, #13 Right, and #18 Long.  They will  also need to mow the fairway on #3 Long, #5 Short, and #7 Short.  The greens (with the baskets in place) that need expanded are #12, #14, and #15 Long.  Let me know if this can be fixed before the next scheduled mow.   I'd like to move some of the baskets into these locations but can't until they've been mowed.

Some of the problems with the mow are because LSPR doesnt do the mowing, its contracted out.  Seems like its mostly a new crew this year, and until they understand how everything needs to be mowed, they just mow the minimum.

Scott emailed me that the rough should be mowed by 5/27...

BrianC

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »
Mowers were out today.  Looked like they were starting on the rough. Also, huge tree down on 13 box.

bbjon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »
I played with a good group out there on Tuesday night and they have not only mowed the fairways, but all the "cabbage patches" as well.  All those green, leafy, disc eaters were chopped down, and the snake as well R.I.P. 

Seriously though, I think LSPR does a pretty good job of keeping the park looking nice.  That being said, I went back out last night looking for a disc that fell out of my bag on Tuesday's round, and saw that the baskets had all been moved, which is good to keep things fresh and exciting.  I also saw a bunch, and I mean probably an entire 12 pack, of Bush Beer cans strewn across the front 9. 

This is poor taste at any park, but inexcusable at Legacy where there are trash cans every other hole.  The cans were not there on Tuesday when I played and no one in my group was drinking Bush.  This either happened during a day round on Wednesday or maybe a Tuesday night glow round.

If you know who the culprit is, shame them for leaving their trash behind.  I don't want to end up with not being able to enjoy a frosty beverage or two because someone can't pick up after themselves.
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »
i think that beer bottles and cans often are left out there by underage drinkers.  Kids find some beverages and have no place to drink them.  Disc golf courses usually are easily accessible  and have some good places to hide.