Author Topic: Grass Problem  (Read 2153 times)

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Grass Problem
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 01:33:03 PM »
Tues night I picked up at least 8-10 cans/bottles & still missed 3 birdie putts. One day the karma will show up. The tues night company was enjoyed by all except maybe for Casey, his ass was a lil sore from Louie
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 02:21:27 PM »
It's definitely someone playing the course. I've seen trails of Busch cans near every tee pad that looked like they had been shotgunned on both Legacy and Wilbur. Seriously, like 10 feet from the trash barrel...

bbjon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:37 AM »
Tues night I picked up at least 8-10 cans/bottles & still missed 3 birdie putts. One day the karma will show up. The tues night company was enjoyed by all except maybe for Casey, his ass was a lil sore from Louie

Casey was definitely NOT enjoying Louie's company!  I missed the can's Tues night.  Who is in charge of moving baskets?  Is that KCFDC or LSPR?  The baskets were moved between Tues night and Wed night, but the cans remained.  Or someone came back for round two. 
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
LSPR move the baskets.

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
I went to the LSPR Park Board meeting last week to ask about some maintenance issues (replacing rusty chains/mowing) and future improvements (new pins, etc.).  There are follow on meetings scheduled in the near future, but the response I got on the mowing situations was they have received only a few complaints on this and this was news to them (Board) and that we should use their comment/complaint system.  These comments are always shared with their Board each month and hopefully addressed with corrective action or the rationale as to why it cannot be addressed.  So posting here isn't right the audience.  Please go to the following link and fill out the form about mowing at Legacy.  Anyone can comment, but obviously those that live in Lee's Summit carry a little extra weight. 

http://www.cityofls.net/Parks/Submenu/Contact-Us.aspx

Please let them know what you think.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease. 

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 12:57:08 PM »
Comments posted.  Thanks for the link Eric!  I encourage as many people to post on that site as possible.  Legacy has a lot of potential with a little help from LSPR.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2013, 08:19:11 AM »
Here's the quick response I got from LSPR.  I asked about adding in another 9-18 holes or if that is not an option, putting in short pads for younger players/older players to mix it up.  I also asked about having tournaments out there as for whatever reason that rarely happens.  Last but not least I made mention that the rough isn't mowed enough.  One time I even kicked up a full size turkey out of it and didn't even see it when I was walking up to it.  Response as follows:

"Thank you for your comments about the Legacy Park Disc golf course.  We appreciate your suggestions concerning expansion of the course and additional tee boxes for younger players.  We currently do not have plans for expanding the course or adding additional tee boxes, although in  the future we may consider changes to the course.  The course was built as a recreational level course and placed in the vicinity of two shelters, a small playground and restroom facilities.  The shelters are frequently rented for family gatherings and organizational events.   Tournaments at the course are welcome but are required to meet certain requirements so as not to interfere with other uses of the park and shelters.  We will review our mowing schedule, we typically mow the fairways on a 14 day cycle and make adjustments to the schedule as needed, for instance the most recent cycle was 8 days and this week the fairways will be mowed on a 7 day cycle.  The rough is typically mowed three times per year and more if needed.  The rough has been mowed once already and another mowing is scheduled before July 1st. "

The more posts we get to the link Eric posted above the more they'll realize what potential the area has and what we'd like to see done to make it thrive.  It is what you make of it!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339