Author Topic: New Course Potential in Prairie Village  (Read 2201 times)

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: New Course Potential in Prairie Village
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 12:25:07 PM »
http://pvpost.com/2013/06/21/local-disc-golfers-welcome-news-of-proposed-new-course-at-santa-fe-trail-park-19278

Somebody obviously did a sh$%tty job of researching.  "Only 2 courses on the Kansas side of the metro area, and zero in Johnson County"  Whaaa?  I guess whatever they have to do to convince these PV mom's to put a course in is okay by me:)

I did walk over to the park(about 3/4 of a mile from my house), and checked it out last night.  I am even more excited!  It will make a super fun little 9-holer!  Perfect winter course when the days are short and I get off work with only an hour to spare.

Can't wait!
Joe Hesting

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
I like that the picture they used was fron Dave's last putt on the final nine from last years wide open but the text, posted June 21, 2013, reads:

"Hundreds of spectators gathered at Swope Park’s disc golf course LAST WEEKEND for the “Kansas City Wide Open” Professional Disc Golf Association tournament. (Photo via Kansas City Wide Open)."

But reguardless of the misinformed press, I am higly excited for this course as my mother lives across the street from SM East. One more round of congratulations to Mike and Ben for getting this approved!!!
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 12:53:48 PM »
This will be a pretty sweet site for 9 hole course I live 5 min from this park and its on my way home YAY!
Adam Johnson

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:15 PM »
I have a plan for Super-class this Sunday the 13th.  I would like to play the proposed course at Austin Harmon Park in Prairie Village.  Was out there walking my dogs and throwing the frisbee this last weekend, and decided I don't want to wait til it's built to play it. 

We will play the proposed 9 hole layout, and I would like to add 3 killer holes to go along with it.  2 rounds for 24 holes. I need some help with some more portable baskets though(I have 2), and I need some up-front commitments, so we can make this happen.  A good 5-6 more baskets and I can make it work.

I haven't heard any more news on this course anyway, so you never know if they are changing their plans on building it.  So maybe we can get a good showing out there and get some good photos as proof of the actual Interest in a disc golf course.

Please respond if you can bring a basket and/or you are interested in playing. 

Sunday at 8:30, Austin Harmon Park, 79th & Delmar, PV-KS  Superclass discs only - but I will try to bring some extras out as well.  Probably play dubs.

I walked off some holes to check distances.  Not precise but pretty close.
1-230ft
2-300ft
3-288ft
4-207ft
5-219ft
6-216ft
7-270ft
8-180ft
9-182ft
10-162ft(Island)
11-102ft
12-282ft
Joe Hesting

fenton

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
http://content.mindmixer.com/Live/Projects/HawkRidgePark/content/111697/Poster.pdf?635168639430500000

Got this email, might be useful for people who have not signed up.

Invitation to Hawk Ridge Park workshop Oct. 15th
We are happy to report that many citizens of Raymore have been offering their opinions about how to improve Hawk Ridge Park.  The online comments and the community dialogue has been great.  Let’s keep the conversation going!

You are invited to a Vision Workshop for Hawk Ridge Park on Tuesday, October 15th at 7:00 PM.  It will be held at the Community Bank of Raymore (801 W. Foxwood Drive) and is open to the public.  The masterplanning team will report what they are hearing from citizens, share ideas from other communities, and help lead the group toward a shared vision for Hawk Ridge Park.

Please help us spread the word. If you can, display the poster included below at your place of work.  We'll see you on October 15th!

(A second workshop will be held on November 5th at the Community Bank of Raymore at 7:00 PM.)

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »
I got an email with this stuff as well. I will try to be there if I can  :)
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
We are talking about 2 different courses. But if there is any info about prairie village's course out there, please inform
Joe Hesting

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
Danielle will let me know when they will start the planning of this course she told me earlier this summer it wouldn't be till October/November but if I don't hear from her in the next week or so I will give her a call and post updated info
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
Awesome!  Thanks Mike, keep me posted on any help you may need.
Joe Hesting

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 08:02:28 PM »
I have 3 baskets. I'm making a solid commitment to this Joe. Post in  here if anybody else let you know if they are bringing baskets.
Steven Disc Glover

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »
Sorry Steve. Going to cancel this weekend.  Too many people with other commitments.  When I get enough people interested in for sure playing a certain date, I will post when and where we will play.
Joe Hesting

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
We used to wait until the season actually was over to play Homie to get a better turnout. But the seasons have gotten longer with events since then.
Steven Disc Glover

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 08:47:33 AM »
Bump

Mike P, What's the word?  Any progress?  I would really like to help out with any planning and installing when this gets going. 
Joe Hesting

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »
I talked to her on mon, she said there will be a meeting and public will be invited to discuss improvements to park and the disc golf course. This will be early 2014 and she will email me time n date and I will pass it on
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:46 AM »
Any news on course update in PV
Adam Johnson