Author Topic: Work to be done at cliff-if you have the time....  (Read 404 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Work to be done at cliff-if you have the time....
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:09:22 PM »
Folks,

A lot of love has been going on out at Cliff Drive, and though I know in the future we may be losing holes 7-8-9 as they stand today, we haven't lost them yet, and I have been told that they want to really work with us to try to remain to have them in play. 

What that may mean though is that the fairway on #8 will get TIGHTER, and Tree lined, can you say tough SOB!  but rest assured even with the possibility of having them not vanish, I plan to expand the course.  Ideally if this happens making it a 24 hole course.  I think that is a perfect number for disc golf personally.  Time will tell. 

In the mean time, Beckett has been carving out the new holes with intensity not matched in years out there.  Johnny Harrison attacked holes #5 & #6 to clean them up.

I finished cleaning up #4, and then got #8 long green taken care of last night.

What remains to be done in the annual "summer clean/Spring Clean of Cliff" is the hillside on #6 by the downed tree.  The green on #7 middle, and then the trail from #7 up to the stage to the cliff.  I will try to get out there and work some on it this week, probably Friday so that it looks a little better for the East Championships, but if you have time and a mower or weed whacker, anything anyone does will be appreciated.

Thanks for the love on the course this month out there, it is looking good!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

Re: Work to be done at cliff-if you have the time....
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »
Are you making 6 a deeper tunnel shot?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:13:05 PM »
Eventually yes it will be.  The current placement (Original right) will be the ideal landing zone, then you need to go southeast (Left) about 250'-300' to the "new placement".  It will be a very tight tunnel all the way through.  Now, that being said, I am hopeful to "clearout" the left placement (short) and remove all the tires to give a gut shot chance to get there and then a big RHBH Anny to get on the green for cheaters to see but it will still be a protected green, though the shot will be there, it will be extremely great execution to make that for an eagle 3, the other now close to 600' location will be a standard 5.  I hope to have it finished in time for the "loomis visitational" event upon your return to the states....not if you are gone 6 weeks though.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »
There is a rumor milling around that our return to the states won't be to the KC area. Though I will try to make my presence felt in at least one more of those Lion's Den things.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »
I stood down by those new holes the other day, trying to find a way to get my truck down there to rip out more honeysuckle. Didn't look promising from the south end, but there may be hope for the north end, behind #12 tee.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:39 AM »
I stood down by those new holes the other day, trying to find a way to get my truck down there to rip out more honeysuckle. Didn't look promising from the south end, but there may be hope for the north end, behind #12 tee.

Then that shall be teh next line of fire.  I was thinking the same thing about that area and the desire to clear it out so that we can get a real mower down there on 2 and then try to get the folks to mow it regularly as well.  That should lead to only eventually #4 for "hand mowing" detail, though the right machine should be able to drive up the path along the south pin to get up there if I ever buy a "nice mower"...
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:04:34 AM »
Folks,

A lot of love has been going on out at Cliff Drive, and though I know in the future we may be losing holes 7-8-9 as they stand today, we haven't lost them yet, and I have been told that they want to really work with us to try to remain to have them in play. 

What that may mean though is that the fairway on #8 will get TIGHTER, and Tree lined, can you say tough SOB!  but rest assured even with the possibility of having them not vanish, I plan to expand the course.  Ideally if this happens making it a 24 hole course.  I think that is a perfect number for disc golf personally.  Time will tell. 

In the mean time, Beckett has been carving out the new holes with intensity not matched in years out there.  Johnny Harrison attacked holes #5 & #6 to clean them up.

I finished cleaning up #4, and then got #8 long green taken care of last night.

What remains to be done in the annual "summer clean/Spring Clean of Cliff" is the hillside on #6 by the downed tree.  The green on #7 middle, and then the trail from #7 up to the stage to the cliff. I will try to get out there and work some on it this week, probably Friday so that it looks a little better for the East Championships, but if you have time and a mower or weed whacker, anything anyone does will be appreciated.

Thanks for the love on the course this month out there, it is looking good!
I got some time off because of rain I'm gonna try and work on the area above for awhile today, if that is fine with you..
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 10:15:00 AM »
Completely fine by me.  I wanted to cut out the downed tree limb that is next to the stage, and have a new saw that I know will work accordingly.  I would also like to plant some native plants around the stage parts to have perennials flowing nicely up there, but let me worry about that one!  ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:09 AM »
  I would also like to plant some native plants around the stage parts to have perennials flowing nicely up there, but let me worry about that one!  ;D

The gays have a real knack for that sort of  thing. You'll do great jack!
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 09:15:27 AM »
I was thinking about calling Babcock to see if he can come help me since he has nothing planned until October now..... ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
I was thinking about calling Babcock to see if he can come help me since he has nothing planned until October now..... ;D

That's it, fvcker. I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice: Go Kings! ;D
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555