Author Topic: Another Session of PDGA League Style on Mondays for 10 weeks in the Northeast?  (Read 781 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I am thinking of running an additional session for another 10 weeks of the PDGA league out here in the NE on Monday nights.  This would go through to the end of August I think, and then in September we would just run it as a standard league.  I am curious to know what say you.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jayhawker737

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
You never have good answers to your polls.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
You never have good answers to your polls.

Make my list for me oh mighty Whippet Chucker!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

You could separate the people who don't want to go all the way to Cliff or BV from the people who don't like league players. I'm some people are torn about what to put there if they do like league players but still wouldn't play it for one reason or another.

hberciunas

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I agree with Coop. I would like to play but getting to BV or Cliff after work and on time is pretty tough. Perhaps someone could put together a Westsiders' league??? (Not me . . . not positive I could make every week).
PDGA #53842
KCFDC #1406
2012 KCFDC tag: 217
2013:            DD:           Beer League:
2014: 48

coops

I agree with Coop. I would like to play but getting to BV or Cliff after work and on time is pretty tough. Perhaps someone could put together a Westsiders' league??? (Not me . . . not positive I could make every week).

Yeah, I'm with you there. I would love to do something closer but with moving stuff coming up and various trips I honestly have no idea what my availability would be to look at running something like that.

Jack, have you considered making it traveling?

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
This maybe a redundant or uneducated question buttttt, so we get a rated round when we play this league, but does it affect our player pdga rating?  I would think so but I'm wrong on a semi regular basis.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
This maybe a redundant or uneducated question buttttt, so we get a rated round when we play this league, but does it affect our player pdga rating?  I would think so but I'm wrong on a semi regular basis.

yes sir, it reflects on your pdga rating.... what awesome about the way Jack does it, he doesn't submit anybodies money, so Am's can play up and take cash, but it doesn't go against your am status...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile

yes sir, it reflects on your pdga rating.... what awesome about the way Jack does it, he doesn't submit anybodies money, so Am's can play up and take cash, but it doesn't go against your am status...

This is actually totally legit in the PDGA League FAK's.  They come out and say Am's can accept cash at leagues without affecting their status.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

Utz

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
Yeah, like....DUH!
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Why would I travel the Monday Night Cliff League?  It already travels, and no I am not going to move it to other locations.  Do people not read titles?  This is the NORTHEAST LEAGUE NIGHT.  Sorry to yell there, but based on this I will run with getting us another league going.

Yes it counts towards your ratings and you will receive points as well for the league.  It is an accurate measurement (as much as can be, I think that the ratings are flawed but that is a totally different thread drift) based on the standard of play that the governing body of the disc golf association has decided to use.  I think that it is pretty cool, and have enjoyed reading the ratings, and commenting on them weekly.

So with 50% saying yes albeit in a small scale, that is enough for me to feel as though this warrants session 2 for the summer months. 

Remember even though this is the first Monday of the month, due to alignment with the Wide Open we will be playing at Cliff this upcoming Monday on the Missouri Cup course configuration, and then on June 10th we will be at Blue Valley.

Thanks for the input!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

Calm down, Jack. It was a simple question.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Jack, you crack me up with how you dig yourself into these holes.

Yeah, I like to push some items often, you know I like to stir it up often.  I also though know that I am more than willing to change my stance if proved that it makes the most sense.

That being said though, I did register for another 10 weeks of the league to be done PDGA style.  I really do enjoy it other than the extra work that it takes to complete all the forms accordingly.

As for the cash piece mentioned, I know that it is in there that Am's can play for cash, but I don't want any issues with the transfers so I keep a separate spreadsheet of weekly payouts as well in both American currency, and the KcKash so that we can see how it boils down to the end of the season.  I will post the entire first round results upon completion.  The interesting thing about this next round is that we will only have 2 rounds at Blue Valley instead of three, so we have that to look forward to.

Also Tracy on the the responses, I think that some do think this way, so I like to see how many people may respond to it accordingly.  I get that it really doesn't matter, but have you seen me do things the simple way in most of what I attempt to do?  I enjoy ensuring that I understand all the reasoning behind the notions that some carry.  Afterall, black and white is only for the colorblind right?

;)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Does round 2 start 6/3 or 6/17?

If 6/17, does rounds on 6/3 and 6/10 go on Round 1 or are they in the inbetwen purgatory?
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj