Author Topic: Clean Up and Wide Open Prep  (Read 465 times)

ptinkc

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://end-of-the-web.com
Clean Up and Wide Open Prep
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »
Just wanted to start acknowledging and Thanking the people that are working at Rosedale to get it ready for the Wide Open. So far John P3 and Paul Salierno have been busy cleaning up the down trees on hole #1 by the basket. They both have also been weed eating this past week. Jay Rivard will be marking the 10 meter circles and the out of bounds after this next mow. I have had several people that cant make it Saturday but will come out this week and weed eat a hole or two.
Looking forward to seeing everyone this Saturday.
 Thanks, Pete
Three discs' in the hand is better than twenty in the bag!

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Clean Up and Wide Open Prep
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:27:54 PM »
How's Blue Valley coming along? Any tires or other crap that needs picking up?
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »
Mike,

I think that Hal, myself, hopefully Penny and Billy Nelson will be out at Blue Valley this Saturday morning doing the work that needs to be done there.  Painting OB's, uncertain about the 10-meter circles, but maybe, a few weedwhacking spots, and a couple of chainsaws.

I was out there last weekend, and Kreeger was hard at it working on the areas.  Needless to say the more the better, but thank you to all the people that are working on the courses for the Wide Open.  It is a great excuse to make our courses look good for us to enjoy them the rest of the year!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:17:28 AM »
Blue valley was a little rough but not bad. The trash was at a minimum. Hole 10 and 11 have serious water issues which will only get worse if it does rain for the rest of the week.

Hole 10 needs a lot of clearing as there is no line other than "over" to reach the fairway.

The rough to the left of hole 6 is still really shaggy.

The fairway for hole 11 is all tall grass.

Hole 10 has two patches of super thick rough which should be trimmed.

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:44:51 AM »
The rough to the left of hole 6 is still really shaggy.

Good lord, can we just take that sh1t out already? I mean, leave the big trees of course, but let's rip all that stringy sh1t out of there. It does not enhance the hole at all and takes away from what could be some nice scenery on from the pad.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
they ,mowed last weekend, and I was told another mow before the Wide open will happen.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Loomis

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:20:18 PM »
I will come out to Waterworks on Saturday and help with the teesigns. That's something I CAN do.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »
Larry Childers from the BriarCliff Community Alliance will also be in attendance at Waterworks.  There are quite a few improvements being spoken of for Waterworks.  Please introduce yourself and let Larry know how much you enjoy the park if you have a chance!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

BenC

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:25:49 AM »
I will come out to Waterworks on Saturday and help with the teesigns. That's something I CAN do.

Thanks Loomis, every thing helps.

Kansas City disc golfers we are making the final push to have the courses looking great for next weekend and beyond.  Any amount of time you can give will be appreciated.  There are little things that you can do like tee signs, put up new flags or paint lines.  How about doing some weed whacking or clearing a pile of debris?

Its all happening this weekend: Saturday at Rosedale or Water Works and Sunday at Swope.