Author Topic: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd  (Read 10608 times)

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:15 AM »
I believe we played one in emporia?  Maybe the monkey island?  Chill pill dude. I thought the game was 90% mental.  And yeah, I think anything over 900 is advanced

Wouldn't it be better if you just went out and tried to beat the course instead of worrying about other people's ratings? 

Haters gonna hate, he throws too far, his rating is too high, etc; in my eyes, that means you already think you're going to lose to him.  And you're the one talking about testing someone's mental game?
Very well said.
i guess some people like to stroke there ego and play down "just to get that win"

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »
I'm interested in moving down to Rec from Advanced.  Is there any way the rarely seen Novice division might open up?

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
I'm not sure which would be worse, Jeff O trying to get in your head or Palmer talking about pool halls and craft beer all round.  ;D
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

JacobH

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
I believe we played one in emporia?  Maybe the monkey island?  Chill pill dude. I thought the game was 90% mental.  And yeah, I think anything over 900 is advanced

Wouldn't it be better if you just went out and tried to beat the course instead of worrying about other people's ratings? 

Haters gonna hate, he throws too far, his rating is too high, etc; in my eyes, that means you already think you're going to lose to him.  And you're the one talking about testing someone's mental game?
Very well said.
i guess some people like to stroke there ego and play down "just to get that win"

I have never played advanced or won an intermediate tournament... don't understand why it's such a big deal.
Jacob Hinck
PDGA #51816
KCFDC #1732

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
'cuz your game is big, and they are scared.... 8)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
Funny also how the instigator of this discussion has won an intermediate tournament this year.  And YET, is still playing intermediate.  Talk about a general rule of thumb.  In Tank's words " MOVE UP "
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

spnachio

« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
I can't wait to see all you at the tourney.  Hopefully Tank will be there to tell me what to do.  Anyone who knows me, knows I don't get in anyone's head.  But since the sh$t talk is so good, maybe we could make a little wager?

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
Look man, I was just defending my brother on a comment that made no sense.  I should've just let it go, but until he wins an intermediate tournament, I don't see any reason why he needs to move up if he doesn't feel comfortable doing so - just my opinion.  The PDGA doens't even recommend that a player move to advanced until 935.  J has stayed out of the discussion, so I commend him for that.  He made his defense and left it at that.  I'm just pointing out the facts; but evidently I get a little too defensive at times on this forum.

I'm not sure who you're pointing the wager at, but feel free to throw it my way if you'd like.   
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2013, 02:27:57 PM »
fight fight fight!

If you do wager before the round, at least let me get it on video :)

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »
Ha, in all honesty I'd just like to drop it.  I may have misinterpreted Jeff's original post.  I wasn't trying to instigate an argument, I was simply making a defense to a comment I didn't agree with.  My bad.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
I'm interested in moving down to Rec from Advanced.  Is there any way the rarely seen Novice division might open up?

Since this is a sanctioned tournament Kevin, your 945 rating disqualifies you from anything but Adv, sorry.  :P

spnachio

« Reply #146 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:03 PM »
Look man, I was just defending my brother on a comment that made no sense.  I should've just let it go, but until he wins an intermediate tournament, I don't see any reason why he needs to move up if he doesn't feel comfortable doing so - just my opinion.  The PDGA doens't even recommend that a player move to advanced until 935.  J has stayed out of the discussion, so I commend him for that.  He made his defense and left it at that.  I'm just pointing out the facts; but evidently I get a little too defensive at times on this forum.

I'm not sure who you're pointing the wager at, but feel free to throw it my way if you'd like.   

Cool.  $20 and I want 10 strokes. I'd fight you, Ian but my Mom won't let me hit a guy with glasses

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2013, 02:34:51 PM »
Ha, in all honesty I'd just like to drop it.  I may have misinterpreted Jeff's original post.  I wasn't trying to instigate an argument, I was simply making a defense to a comment I didn't agree with.  My bad.

His original comment was uncalled for if he didn't want a reaction.  And I'm thinking he did.

Again, if your rating allows it, who cares that division he plays in?  I look forward to competing against Jacob and I hope we have a card together; it'll be fun!

Seriously, all the bagger talk is funny when we're just giving each other a hard time, but there are some players (I don't know if Jeff is included) who really take it seriously.  But remember, Jacob's rating (and the PDGA's guidelines for that matter) doesn't support your opinions Jeff.

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #148 on: July 31, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »

Cool.  $20 and I want 10 strokes. I'd fight you, Ian but my Mom won't let me hit a guy with glasses

Looks like my blindness comes in handy for once!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »

So are you playing Pro Masters now General?  Maybe even Open?  With your answer, it would seem like playing in a protected division is the same as "playing down"?