Author Topic: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd  (Read 10398 times)

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 07:22:07 AM »
Cant wait for the Midwest OPEN championships....
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

BenC

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2013, 08:42:02 AM »
Scott I will do whatever I can to help as always....

Also...I feel like my posting may have went better under the Wide Open topic....nothing against your tourneys.

Why would it go under the Wide Open topic and whose tourneys are you complaining about.  The only tourney the KCFDC runs is the Wide Open.  Every other event this year has been run by an outside entity so you are only slamming DD and other promoters tourneys.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

coops

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
Scott I will do whatever I can to help as always....

Also...I feel like my posting may have went better under the Wide Open topic....nothing against your tourneys.

Why would it go under the Wide Open topic and whose tourneys are you complaining about.  The only tourney the KCFDC runs is the Wide Open.  Every other event this year has been run by an outside entity so you are only slamming DD and other promoters tourneys.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Ahem-- If I may,

Andy was saying his posting would have gone better under the KCWO topic because, year in and year out, the same 'core' courses get used for that event. I don't think anyone could disagree with that point.

Seems like a lot of people get easily offended on here but that isn't really the point. This thread has been hijacked from its original purpose, which is announcing and promoting the MACs. I respectively suggest any other umbrage be taken elsewhere.

Scott, thanks for running such fun and high quality events. I don't think I'll still be in the area, but if by some happenstance I am, count me in as a volunteer.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 11:03:49 AM »

I'll let ya' caddy for me until then.  ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »

When is that?  When did you announce YOU were running it?  I may donate to your event and play in it as well Tank, when and where is it?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
My favorite....
Don't believe everything you think.....As seen on the back of an AMC Hornet.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2013, 04:33:41 PM »
When and where? Great question, since people like to run Am only events and ZERO pro only events, outside of worlds in the US, might be something to seriously look into!!!

Can I Pen you in as the Title sponsor?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
When and where? Great question, since people like to run Am only events and ZERO pro only events, outside of worlds in the US, might be something to seriously look into!!!

Can I Pen you in as the Title sponsor?

You take sweat equity in lieu of Cash for that?   ;D  We shall discuss offline.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 11:35:34 PM »
to quote Fled.... Nerrrrrrrrrg!!

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »
Registration is up to date and we have raised over $2,000 so far.  This event is going to be huge!!!
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
As a guy coming from outside the K C area, I think this event is awesome. It gives folks a chance to come to KC and play some of the most awesome courses on the planet. With that said, an Open tourney would be most awesome as well. It's kinda weird coming from the outsiide now, but, looking from the outside now, it just seems that there are some overly critical comments on how things are done. With that said, it's not a bad thing to keep expressing your views as to what is happening in the community. I can only hope that people keep giving their feedbackk to what they think is towards the betterment of the disc golf community here in Kansas Citty.

Much love,
Tallguy
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 02:09:19 PM »
actions and support go way farther than words in a forum in my mind. 8)  Blather all they want, and they know who they are, ultimately it takes time away from the keyboard to impress me.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 03:07:48 PM »
It's kinda weird coming from the outsiide now, but, looking from the outside now, it just seems that there are some overly critical comments on how things are done. With that said, it's not a bad thing to keep expressing your views as to what is happening in the community. I can only hope that people keep giving their feedbackk to what they think is towards the betterment of the disc golf community here in Kansas Citty.

Much love,
Tallguy

This forum represents one of the most important feedback devices offered to club members since it allows for simple communication and the democratization of the club. The most important part of any democracy is an informed electorate and one of the best ways to do that is through introducing challenging thoughts and new ideas.

But, lest this thread drift further I would like to propose/encourage my fellow competitors who aren't eligible for this to help out in any way. Whether spotting, helping set up, marshaling, filling water jugs, etc... I wish I were going to still be in the area to see this thing get off the ground but alas, I'll be moved by then.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »
But, lest this thread drift further I would like to propose/encourage my fellow competitors who aren't eligible for this to help out in any way. Whether spotting, helping set up, marshaling, filling water jugs, etc... I wish I were going to still be in the area to see this thing get off the ground but alas, I'll be moved by then.

Even if only for one round, or to help prep these are crucial to any good event.  A lot of work gets done prior to the event.  The event happens and the event continues for those running it after the scoring is done.  Spot on with this need for certain in any event, non-sanctioned, C=Tier, B-Tier, A-Tier, NT, it takes everyone to help make an event excel!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 06:04:59 PM »
I know there are reasons for it but this is one reason I wish there were Am and Pro weekends for the KCWO. I would love to help out more at the event but I'm not going to sacrifice trying to be as prepared as I can be to do so. I think that there would be many more people available in this format.