Author Topic: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd  (Read 10048 times)

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »
As of now, there is only 1 spot remaining in the Adv Mens (MA1) and 2 spots in the Recreational Men (MA3).  All the other divisions are full.  If you want to get on the waiting list, please let me know.  I will be posting and emailing a detailed agenda for this weekend so everyone is ready for Saturday.

As a side note, Rosedale has two other events going on on Saturday so parking will be extremely limited.  I highly recommend car-pooling if possible.
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2013, 12:58:42 PM »
As a side note, Rosedale has two other events going on on Saturday so parking will be extremely limited.  I highly recommend car-pooling if possible.
Anybody know what they are?
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »
Family Reunion and Volleyball Tournament
Scott Reek

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2013, 02:00:33 PM »
I wish we had a betting line on this weekend's tourney, looks to be a great field of competitors. Anyone have any predictions?

As much as I would like to see an American or east sider win this, I am expecting the redcoat, Slamming Sammy Webber, to edge out Matt Prodigy Perry, Jordan, and Walker for the victory. My Dark horse to make it in the top 5 is unrated Brandon Elkins.

In intermediate, Jordan's bigger brother will hold off the White Tornado and Skinny Brian Palmer for the win.

For those that want live scoring, I will be tweeting live scoring on the intermediate women's top card @ComoVince.  8)

Can't wait for this weekend, it'll be a great tourney!  For those who don't know, he's not my "big" brother due to age...he's just big. ha

And should be playing adv.  Please card me with this guy, Scott. I'd love a chance to test his mental game. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:06:54 PM by spinachio »
PDGA# 51376

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2013, 03:04:58 PM »
I decided to move Hole #12 to the long right position.  For speed and safety I thought this was best.
Scott Reek

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2013, 03:11:49 PM »
I wish we had a betting line on this weekend's tourney, looks to be a great field of competitors. Anyone have any predictions?

As much as I would like to see an American or east sider win this, I am expecting the redcoat, Slamming Sammy Webber, to edge out Matt Prodigy Perry, Jordan, and Walker for the victory. My Dark horse to make it in the top 5 is unrated Brandon Elkins.

In intermediate, Jordan's bigger brother will hold off the White Tornado and Skinny Brian Palmer for the win.

For those that want live scoring, I will be tweeting live scoring on the intermediate women's top card @ComoVince.  8)

Can't wait for this weekend, it'll be a great tourney!  For those who don't know, he's not my "big" brother due to age...he's just big. ha

And should be playing adv.  Please card me with this guy, Scott. I'd love a chance to test his mental game.

I don't think he should be playing advanced in a B tier event. In fact, I highly doubt you've ever even played with him. So are you basing this on his rating? And lets be sportsmanlike shall we? Test his mental game - what kind of bush league crap is this anyway?
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

KCDiscDawg

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Kansas City Disc Dogs
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »
The Semi Pro Midwest Amateur Championships...Everyone wants a piece of this thing, its a pretty big deal...I'm gonna get me some.
>>>------> Earth<>Wind<> Fire<>Water<------<<<

Tony Burnett aka " Dirty Bird Dog"
PDGA #53029
KCFDC#1532

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:47 PM »

I don't think he should be playing advanced in a B tier event. In fact, I highly doubt you've ever even played with him. So are you basing this on his rating? And lets be sportsmanlike shall we? Test his mental game - what kind of bush league crap is this anyway?

I believe we played one in emporia?  Maybe the monkey island?  Chill pill dude. I thought the game was 90% mental.  And yeah, I think anything over 900 is advanced
PDGA# 51376

spinachio

• Pro Poster
  • Jeff Ozorkiewicz
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2013, 11:03:59 PM »
I decided to move Hole #12 to the long right position.  For speed and safety I thought this was best.

I love ya, Scott, but Boooo to no peninsula
PDGA# 51376

JohnnyD

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:21 AM »

I love ya, Scott, but Boooo to no peninsula

Agreed. In Scott's defense i think he was suggested into it. understand if it was 18 short left.. oh well. shaping up to be a blast regardless.
JohnnyD

I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see that you are unarmed.
    William Shakespear

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2013, 06:51:38 AM »
As of now, there is only 1 spot remaining in the Adv Mens (MA1) and 2 spots in the Recreational Men (MA3).  All the other divisions are full.  If you want to get on the waiting list, please let me know.  I will be posting and emailing a detailed agenda for this weekend so everyone is ready for Saturday.

Meanwhile, Wyco will be totally empty of people and have virtually unlimited parking, as will, Cliff, SMP, PC, and Birdland.  ::)

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2013, 07:20:32 AM »
I believe we played one in emporia?  Maybe the monkey island?  Chill pill dude. I thought the game was 90% mental.  And yeah, I think anything over 900 is advanced

Wouldn't it be better if you just went out and tried to beat the course instead of worrying about other people's ratings? 

Haters gonna hate, he throws too far, his rating is too high, etc; in my eyes, that means you already think you're going to lose to him.  And you're the one talking about testing someone's mental game?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »
Can I move to Palmers division?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
That could be a FUN card.

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 11:52:34 AM »

Wouldn't it be better if you just went out and tried to beat the course instead of worrying about other people's ratings? 

Haters gonna hate, he throws too far, his rating is too high, etc; in my eyes, that means you already think you're going to lose to him.  And you're the one talking about testing someone's mental game?
Very well said.
Matt perry