Author Topic: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd  (Read 11421 times)

spnachio

Re: 2013 Midwest Amateur Championships - August 3rd
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2013, 01:13:30 AM »

Bump. ;) keep the $20. My bro didnt win, but I think he'll move up in the next year or so. Until then, I think he can play in the division he feels most comfortable playing in. Great tourney DD. Had a blast! I'm sure it'll be bigger and better next year!!!
[/quote]

Watching your brother throw makes me wanna turn 40 ASAP.  Hopefully by the time I do(2016), pdga will have intermediate masters so I can skull Palmer. :P

Best KC DD tournament to date. Props to all that made it happen.

If my $$ no good for you, then maybe I can donate it to Tree Love Classic??
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:38:12 AM by spinachio »

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2013, 04:32:57 AM »
So...am Ultimate player won your disc golf champeenship? Cool.

Actually, the top 3 finishers are ultimate players.
even cooler!

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2013, 09:25:46 AM »

Bump. ;) keep the $20. My bro didnt win, but I think he'll move up in the next year or so. Until then, I think he can play in the division he feels most comfortable playing in. Great tourney DD. Had a blast! I'm sure it'll be bigger and better next year!!!

Watching your brother throw makes me wanna turn 40 ASAP.  Hopefully by the time I do(2016), pdga will have intermediate masters so I can skull Palmer. :P

Best KC DD tournament to date. Props to all that made it happen.

If my $$ no good for you, then maybe I can donate it to Tree Love Classic??
[/quote]

Deal! Cliff needs it, too many trees lost.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2013, 10:26:31 AM »
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for helping make the Midwest Amater Championship a success.  This was a tournament thought about since the beginning of DDKC and I am proud to see everyone enjoying the end result.  I can't thank you enough for the kind words, it's those comments that motivate me even more to run great events.

I am already in the works for 2014 to make it bigger and better.  I need your help in doing so.  I would really like your feedback on the good and bad and any suggestions you have on improvements.  You can pm me, email me at scott@dynamicdiscs.com, call me at 920-379-0056 or post here. 

Please thank anyone listed on the sponsor sheet for their contribution and support and any of the volunteers for their time and service to making this event run smooth.

Lets get 270 players next year!!!

Thanks again to everyone :)
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

Please thank anyone listed on the sponsor sheet for their contribution and support and any of the volunteers for their time and service to making this event run smooth.

I noticed tons of Open players out there helping spot and caddy for some players. Really nice to see them give back to the Advanced guys!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »
Great tournament.  Loads of fun.  Tough layouts.  Thanks for everyone's hard work to let us have a good time on the best courses around!  KC really is a special place for disc golf.

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »

I noticed tons of Open players out there helping spot and caddy for some players. Really nice to see them give back to the Advanced guys!
Completely agree. I know there are plenty of things to do over a weekend and to show up and volunteer was great to see.

And thanks to Ian for filming the lead card.  Can't wait to see the action!

The predictions were fun and not very good.  I cursed Sam :) and might have motivated Peter, other than that, I think I should just stick to throwing plastic.
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2013, 01:17:51 PM »
had a blast,and shot well(that never happens)thanks to jamie berry and to willie nelson for spottong on #6 ww
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 01:27:48 PM by kidmills »

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »

Completely agree. I know there are plenty of things to do over a weekend and to show up and volunteer was great to see.

And thanks to Ian for filming the lead card.  Can't wait to see the action!

The predictions were fun and not very good.  I cursed Sam :) and might have motivated Peter, other than that, I think I should just stick to throwing plastic.

I told Ian he could just cut me out of the video aside from my
putt on hole 2. What a rough round, haha. Thanks for filming Ian and congrats to Frank on the win -putting machine!!!
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2013, 06:00:43 PM »
Thanks for filming Ian and congrats to Frank on the win -putting machine!!!

Frank has it backwards though. He bangs putts from outside the circle, but not inside the circle. lol

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »
Thanks for filming Ian and congrats to Frank on the win -putting machine!!!

Frank has it backwards though. He bangs putts from outside the circle, but not inside the circle. lol

How long until you post the video? I was kidding about cutting me out, I'll be able to figure out some flaws if I watch it...
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2013, 08:18:44 AM »
ok my 919 rating is looking at Palmer....but I don't wanna get beat in that division as well.  I already get beat in enough other divisions, so why would I need another division to feel inadequate in?

Get to 40 year of birth already will ya? >:(

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, I beat you sucka!

I saw that last night....by one...yep taking a "triple circle 8" on #17 @ waterworks really hurt me and my mouth this weekend.  glad you beat on an old man!   ;D

Had a good time though, moving from last on the last card in the division to placing was nice.....the layout was very tough and challenging as well as opportunities where you could (I just didn't take advantage of them)

One thing that I think with the where should people play theory, throwing out Frank's score and Matt's in Intermediate, I think that everyone else was well within the guidelines of close competitive play.  The same could be said of Elliot in the GM divisions, but age protected, is well age protected, and Elliot has been playing some great golf this summer.

I think that when you look at the scoring spread of the winners and the next division down, things lined up very well.

The question is if you go with 270 or 360 total Am's next year will it be a 2-day event, or will we just continue to look at 1 day event?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:27:35 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
As of now I dont think I want to go past the 270 mark and I kind of like the one day format for now.  I got a lot of response on players who liked the low entry fee, large players pack and did not have to take away their entire weekend.  One person referred to it as a "One Day A Tier".  As of now I like the idea of a 1 day, 3 course 270 player event, but I am still listening and evaluating a lot of information to decide what should be done.

Feedback is welcome
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »
Cool....I know that the one thing that I like as well though is that we can all look at our scores and see how we fared against everyone.  Going 3 locations will eliminate.

The other thing that I am thinking aloud on here is if it were only 3 rounds...going 2 on Saturday, and then a later start on Sunday @ 10 would be very nice as well with only one round.... ;D

I went and played Cliff (LDO version) yesterday with 5 others that played in the event as well so as golfers we can always play more....

Weather was GREAT for this weekend, but could have been a HOT BOX, so got lucky on that one!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 05, 2013, 08:55:47 AM »

Aaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, I beat you sucka!

I saw that last night....by one...yep taking a "triple circle 8" on #17 @ waterworks really hurt me and my mouth this weekend.  glad you beat on an old man!   ;D
[/quote]

SCOREBOARD!!!!
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...