Author Topic: 6/8/13 CTP Run at hole 9 from 4:30 till 5:30  (Read 578 times)

MileNorthKCMO

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
6/8/13 CTP Run at hole 9 from 4:30 till 5:30
« on: June 07, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »
ATTENTION JOHN THEISS!!!!! And anyone else interested,

Mile North does a monthly CTP run at Legacy for a Portable Discatcher Traveler Basket.
We start at 4:30 and last call is at 5:30.  We also bring out a box of disc for people to throw at hole 10 between the action.

It is $5.00 a throw, you can buy as many throws as you like, winner walks away with the basket.  Last months CTP was a lot of fun, and I am sure this weekend will get even more competitive.  We look forward to some new faces, especially Mr. Theiss.

See you in the morning, have any question post a reply.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:28:55 AM by MileNorthKCMO »

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 6/8/13 CTP Run at hole 9 from 8:30 till 9:30
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:10 AM »
Nice...run an event the day of various course cleanups for KCWO.  Way to support the local disc club.
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:16:10 AM »
Agreed Rob
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

MileNorthKCMO

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:28:18 AM »
Thanks for pointing this very important fact out to me.  I will move the event to the afternoon.

So, Instead of 8:30 to 9:30 we will move the event to 4:30 to 5:30!

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 6/8/13 CTP Run at hole 9 from 4:30 till 5:30
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
I guess if you waited for there to be nothing going on you would never get to have a CTP event. Glad to see a local store doing something a little creative. Some people are going to b#%ch just to be b#%ching.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »
agreed Aaron. it's a big city with a lot of love to give, spread it around fellas. also, not everyone in town involved with the club is going to be able to help clean up or even attend the KCWO event itself. will you tell them "way to support the club."? it's a new store from out of town, and this is how we show our hospitality? GREAT idea Mile North, keep the positivity going!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:13:14 PM by oblivions son »
"do you see what happens, Larry?"

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »
agreed Aaron. it's a big city with a lot of love to give, spread it around fellas. also, not everyone in town involved with the club is going to be able to help clean up or even attend the KCWO event itself. will you tell them "way to support the club."? it's a new store from out of town, and this is how we show our hospitality? GREAT idea Mile North, keep the positivity going!!!

No. But if you are going to post on the KCFDC forum, which was built and is managed by volunteers of the club, you should make sure not to run an event in direct conflict with the club.

I'm not bashing MN here. They got the point and made an adjustment. As an active volunteer and thank you for realizing the issue.

To the people who are defending the club. Thank you as well.

Let's show real love and thank a volunteer for making KC the best disc golf town in the world.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

MileNorthKCMO

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:04 AM »
Thanks for all the constructive criticism.  We did not in any way purposely try to plan in event that would conflict with big picture plans for the sport.  It is great to be in a community of disc golfers that so much is given back by the players.  I have had the pleasure of going to different places across the country to play disc golf, and Kansas City  by far is the best place in my opinion for disc golf.  The numerous courses, and thousands of players that work together to keep the sport growing and upkeeping the courses is amazing here.  That is one of the main reasons, besides meeting up with my now fiancÚ, of moving here to expand our shops. 
I will in the future pay more attention to the boards and upcoming plans and try to arrange store activities and tournaments on free dates that will not bring much conflict.  This is a huge meca for disc golf, and there are plentiful events going on.  But Mile North tries its best to have events that are fun and exciting whether it be a tournament, or a simple CTP contest.  We will continue to hold our events, and I hope future events will bring nothing but positivity to the everyone in the area.  However if we do miss something big on schedule, please feel free to speak up to inform us so that we can make changes so that everyone has the opportunity to be involved in everything. 

Thanks again, and we hope for a nice crowd this afternoon at Legacy.  We have two tournaments being planned out now, and hope to release info and dates very soon. 

Happy Golfing to All!!!!!

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 09:17:30 AM »
I agree with you to an extent Dick. The bigger issue I have really doesn't involve MileNorth. It's the constant complaining, b#%ching, and other childlike behavior on the forum. When I first got on here I thought it would be about disc golf and info of things going on. I'd say its more 50% disc golf and 50% negativity that isn't necessary at all. I had a new player ask me "is the forum always like that?"  Sadly it is and our first impressions aren't positive. I don't expect anything to change and more than likely someone will prove me right and bash me for only wanting better for the club and the forum.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

No. But if you are going to post on the KCFDC forum, which was built and is managed by volunteers of the club, you should make sure not to run an event in direct conflict with the club.

I'm not bashing MN here. They got the point and made an adjustment. As an active volunteer and thank you for realizing the issue.

To the people who are defending the club. Thank you as well.

Let's show real love and thank a volunteer for making KC the best disc golf town in the world.
there are ways to tell people things without coming off as an a** is all i'm saying. instead of saying "way to support the local disc club", be polite and inform them what is going on. especially to someone new to the great scene we have here. i agree, thank a volunteer, we make this city what it is.

Hammertree

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 09:34:38 AM »
also dick, i don't think people know what real love is anymore. there isn't an app for that. lol see that, a joke. let's lighten it up in this piece.

MileNorthKCMO

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 10:47:26 AM »
We were able to give away a nice new basket to Charles Bryan Yesterday!!!!1 Nice work friend, glad you made it out! We will be having our next CTP Event next month.  Thanks!!!