Author Topic: 2013 Discraft Ace Race  (Read 4197 times)

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Discraft Ace Race
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
Don't get me started on our group. Everything from a stalker to a midget. Oh the good times.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »
Say no more!!
Steven Disc Glover

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
Before I forget. Thank you to whoever found my camera after it fell out of the case between regular tees 2 and 4. If you looked at any pics and repeat what you saw, I'm in trouble. LMAO!
Steven Disc Glover

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2013, 08:20:08 AM »
I had a blast out there at my first Ace Race. Awesome event, thanks to all involved! 8)
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2013, 08:32:41 AM »
Well the results are in!!!

our 2013 Ace Race Champion is Jason Godfrey Sr.  Jason has won a Discraft prize pack which consist of a Discraft Disc Golf Bag and 10 Various disc models from Discraft.

There were 100 players in the Ace Run and there were 37 Aces on the day.
(Aces were determined by the hole/score being circled on the card)(If they were not circled or I wasn't told, then I was not able to determine what was an Ace or not!

Each share of the Ace was worth $13.50.  All of the prizes and money can be picked up from DDKC starting tomorrow (8/13/13)

Jason Godfrey Sr - 1
Levi Malottki - 1
CD Steiner - 1
Jerry Pilarz - 1
Adam Franklin - 1
Nick Wink - 1
Shawn Edwards - 2
Glen lawrence - 2
Jim Ramey - 2
Ben Hansen - 2
Jack Lowe - 2
Nick Altieri - 1
John Davis - 1
Chris Valdez - 1
Travis Daetwiler - 1
Harold Berciunas - 1
Patrick Smith - 1
Steve Glover - 1
Pete Cashen - 1
Mike Keizer - 1
Joe Hammontree - 1
Mike Petrin - 1
Michael Thomas - 1
john Dormady - 1
Skyler Latharn - 1
Steve Adkisson - 1
Danny Troop - 2
Chris blevins - 1
Nick Savidge - 1
Ben Delp - 1
Ryan keck - 1

Thanks again to those that all came out.  We had a lot more Aces and a lot more points this year!!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:32:06 AM by DDKC »
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

discgo

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
Great job running close to 300 people around a single dg course. Keep up the good work down there and I will keep coming back for more. Now I just need to decide if I will practice with my buzzz or my roc to get ready for next month  8)

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2013, 11:22:04 AM »
So - what are people's thoughts about the discs themselves?
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2013, 12:10:05 PM »
Well the results are in!!!

our 2013 Ace Race Champion is Jason Godfrey Sr.  Jason has won a Discraft prize pack which consist of a Discraft Disc Golf Bag and 10 Various disc models from Discraft.

There were 100 players in the Ace Run and there were 37 Aces on the day.
(Aces were determined by the hole/score being circled on the card)(If they were not circled or I wasn't told, then I was not able to determine what was an Ace or not!

Each share of the Ace was worth $13.50.  All of the prizes and money can be picked up from DDKC starting tomorrow (8/13/13)

Jason Godfrey Sr - 1
Levi Malottki - 1
CD Steiner - 1
Jerry Pilarz - 1
Adam Franklin - 1
Nick Wink - 1
Shawn Edwards - 2
Glen lawrence - 2
Jim Ramey - 2
Ben Hansen - 2
Jack Lowe - 2
Nick Altieri - 1
John Davis - 1
Chris Valdez - 1
Travis Daetwiler - 1
Harold Berciunas - 1
Patrick Smith - 1
Steve Glover - 1
Pete Cashen - 1
Mike Keizer - 1
Joe Hammontree - 1
Mike Petrin - 1
Michael Thomas - 1
john Dormady - 1
Skyler Latharn - 1
Steve Adkisson - 1
Danny Troop - 2
Chris blevins - 1
Nick Savidge - 1
Ben Delp - 1
Ryan keck - 1

Thanks again to those that all came out.  We had a lot more Aces and a lot more points this year!!
i know i hit one and i know i paid
for the ace fund

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 12:51:35 PM »
Much to my chagrin because it put "who are you KIDding Mills" ahead of me, I'll testify that he did get an ace during the second round.

RR

i know i hit one and i know i paid
for the ace fund
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

alikimberlin

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 02:03:54 PM »
Jason Godfrey SR got a 3 and Jason Godfrey Jr got a 1

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »
I think that at Check it was stated that you have to turn in the card with accurate information so that they knew that you:
A.  Paid to be in the side pot
B.  Could confirm that you got the ace

I am uncertain that I would be accepting information from the internet be it valid sources or not.  If you didn't turn in an accurate card or ensure that your card was accurate when it was turned in....well that is YOUR fault, not the fault of the TD.  Now in the case of missing scorecards, or having them lost, I can see that information being corrected, but everyone posting in here, I know that xyz got an ace shouldn't constitute having accurate information.

I don't know, to me though having to play around the 20 some really deterred me from the event, and I doubt that I go back out at it again.  I have fun with it, and enjoy almost everything about it, but this should be about a couple of hours, and anything in my mind over 8-10 people is really too much.  Scores take too long, everything takes longer....

That is why I talked my little group into skipping around the big group. 

Don't get me wrong though I think that the large group dynamics did make for some exciting listening, I just didn't want to take 4 hours to throw 40 times yesterday as I did....I thought that I would get in and out in about an hour each round....

I know it is just me, but this is probably why I won't go back next year, just too much gang golf for my own liking....again I think that 8-10 is ok, but that is pushing it, however you can get through the course pretty quickly still, once you get over that, it takes way too much time.  By the time we passed the "gang" we had finished 3 holes before they got completed to the next hole, and that was following another group as well in front of us....

I appreciate all the work that goes into it, and I think that Scott did a GREAT job, as well as Josh and all the work but for me, just a little too much to try to get some fun golf in for an event
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

bbjon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 03:54:44 PM »
I have never been to an Ace Race before.  I thought it would be much quicker than it was, especially since it was only one throw per person, per hole.  I thought I could show up at 9, and get two rounds in by noon.  I guess everyone had the same idea that I did. 

Check in, large groups, and general confusion as to the layout were big slow downs I think.  All in all a fun event though. 

The disc was a bit more stable than I normally throw, so it took some getting used to.  I managed to hit metal once, but with the slow down between holes, it was hard to get any sort of consistency.  I left after one round, because I had another commitment.  I didn't think it would take almost 3 hours to check in and play one round.  I'll plan accordingly next year and get there early!
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »
My challenge for people to wear the oldest date disc golf shirt was put in rather last second but someone was wearing a 1990 Wide Open shirt. Trumped my 1995 Worlds Biggest. Sorry, no prize.
No matter what the whiners say Scott. This was not a normal tournament and was treated as such. Thanks for letting us have some real fun. If Todd, Otto and Deb were to have been there, the group would have been bigger and 3 times the fun we were already having.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 05:05:51 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

DDKC

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2013, 05:01:49 PM »
I often take notes and like here people comments and concerns as it helps me with future events.  I agree that even from a non player for the Ace Race, I did not like seeing such big group.  Do people like the idea that I require a limit of no more than 8 per card?

Mark Mills, I did overlook your Ace, so yours counts.  Several of the others that I have been told about after the fact where not marked to indicate an Ace so and Ace was not awarded.  If they are not parked, there is no way for me to know if there is an Ace, especially since our format can easily get 3 or more points without getting an Ace.
Scott Reek
Dynamic Discs Kansas City

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »
Trying not to be a negative nancy one of the things that I was thinking of that might be a good way to make this happen would be to possibly have groups of 10 or more weight and be staggered together so that they are all is one big group and then start in the other group on like the back nine because the large groups are fun to listen to and I didn't mean to come off as a complete jerk
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"