Poll

Would you play a PDGA league for extra $ with all going to cash payout, on top of regular league price?

$6-Weekly cash option, 1/2 to winners of the night 1/2 carry over to season
0 (0%)
$6-Weekly cash option 3/4 to winners of the night 1/4 carry over to season
0 (0%)
$6-Weekly cash option 1/4 to winners of the night 3/4 carry over to season
1 (33.3%)
$6-Weekly cash option all to the winners of the night
1 (33.3%)
No Cash option, just pay extra $1 for PDGA ratings
1 (33.3%)
Don't care, all the PDGA stuff is silly, quit talking about you guys
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: PDGA League-Cash for stats  (Read 18 times)

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
PDGA League-Cash for stats
« on: Today at 06:13:21 pm »
This would be a rotating through the league play.  Nothing new other than the fact that one night a week your league would become a PDGA league.  There would be a $6 charge (if you like it) with $5 going towards the payout, and $1 to pay the PDGA fees and the club fees.  This wouldn't be included with the "league fees" that night, so would be something completely separate to the league.

In other words, you come to play league at WW-$6, (with club member discount its $5) you play league regularly.  If you sign up for the PDGA night there the options I am exploring would be would you be interested in an additional $5 payout, and it would be in all cash, including Am's.  There would be an additional $1 to cover the league fee to the PDGA.  Each night we could have a payout based on the attendance that night.  I would base it on a 1/3 payout scale.

I am gauging interest as since I won't be running Monday nights, I will want to get out and play.  This would be creative enough for me to hit every night, and not interfere with the regular league, not force you to miss your local league, and get some ratings, and extra $$ in the league that night.

The winner methodology I am thinking would be based on round ratings cumulative with a requirement of 7 rounds to win the season end pot.  It probably would be based on a 1/4 payout scheme to award those more that play more.  If they played the same 7 courses it would be a tie, but if they played 9, we only take the top 7 scores.

Thoughts?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PDGA League-Cash for stats
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:18:41 pm »
This would cover a 10 week period hitting a different course each week that has league, and making it to all locations.
Olathe-PC
Swope
Rosedale
WW
WyCo
SMP
Liberty
P-Hill
Rosedale-New Players/Women's night possibly (If not then Olathe-Birdland)
WW to finish-or possibly Cliff Drive/Blue Valley return for the night depending on how things swing, or Blue Springs if ti gets a rotational shift

Is what I am thinking of doing.....

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: PDGA League-Cash for stats
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:53:59 pm »
For what it's worth I like the idea Jack.
Calm down, this is just for fun.