Author Topic: 2014 PDGA KCFDC Sanctioned Wandering Wednesday league (official thread)  (Read 837 times)

kevinmzane

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 PDGA KCFDC Sanctioned Wandering Wednesday league (official thread)
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 07:25:46 AM »
I guess we did cut it a little close last week.. I'm just a glutton for punishment and have never had a chance to play WYCO all long.

bMathews

• Am Poster
  • Positive is how I live
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:49 AM »
Rob, have you gotten any feedback from the guys who run Wednesday league at Rosedale on if we could co-mingle with them one week?

It seems like there would be enough room for 15 extra players out there.  I just think if we are going to wander around the courses on the KS side, Rosedale should be included.

Another thought is playing down under, but I don't know how everyone else feels about having DU rounds count towards their rating, OR if RDU is even PDGA-recognized.

I know there is still one date that is TBD, and it would be fun!  I am looking forward to making it out this Wednesday, and for the official rated rounds to start the next week.

One other question: To play in the Open division AND collect $$$ would I have to have a Professional PDGA membership?
RHBH | 11yrs
PDGA# 59297 - 891 rated
2014 KCFDC Tag #54→182
2014 DD Tag #91→130

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
1. Rob, have you gotten any feedback from the guys who run Wednesday league at Rosedale on if we could co-mingle with them one week?

It seems like there would be enough room for 15 extra players out there.  I just think if we are going to wander around the courses on the KS side, Rosedale should be included.

2. Another thought is playing down under, but I don't know how everyone else feels about having DU rounds count towards their rating, OR if RDU is even PDGA-recognized.

I know there is still one date that is TBD, and it would be fun!  I am looking forward to making it out this Wednesday, and for the official rated rounds to start the next week.

3. One other question: To play in the Open division AND collect $$$ would I have to have a Professional PDGA membership?

Thanks for your questions. For ease of reply -
1. Not yet.  We got 8 weeks or so before the TBD, but it will be set on where plenty early.
2. Yes, Rose Down Under could be used for a PDGA league. 
3. You don't have to be  PDGA member to play open or amateur for the league.  The $1 charged as the add-on over normal KCFDC league fees are charged from everyone regardless of PDGA membership.

KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 09:21:27 PM »
4/9/14 Wander Wednesday at WyCo

11 came out for a blustery evening.

OPEN PAID USD
1.   Kevin Zane, 57 - $10

tie for second.  Jon and Steve chose to play off instead of splitting it and chose long distance as the deciding factor

2.   Jon Thomas, 58 - $8
3.   Steve Thimesch, 58, lost playoff of long distance tee
4.   Scott Melrose, 60
5.   Chris Cardinal, 65
6.   Carl Pledger, 66

AMATEUR PAID KC KASH
1.   Joe Teater, 68 - $9
2.   Andrew Stomps, 69, $6
3.   Rob Martin, 71, $3
4.   Chris Connell, 73
5.   Juan Hernandez, DNF

Ace fund up to $116

Next week we start the 10-week PDGA Sanctioned.  First week is at WyCo.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO PLAY.

Normal KCFDC league fees + $1 for everybody, regardless of PDGA membership.

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile

robm

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
Reminder 4/16 we start the actual PDGA portion of the league. You do not have to be a PDGA member to play. First stop - Wyandotte County DGC. Let's go WyCo!