KCFDC Courses > Legacy Park - Lee's Summit

LEGACY MINI 6/21 ***FIELD TRIP***

(1/2) > >>

Jake B:
No Legacy League tonight... I suggest a saunter west for the Wacky Wyco Solstice Doubles.
Many of the 6 or so regulars said that's what they planned on doing.

Jordan H:
Man, the two weekends I can make it it's cancelled, bummer.  Any chance of doubles coming back to Friday nights?

Kelly Markum:

--- Quote from: Jordan H on June 21, 2013, 11:32:09 AM --- Any chance of doubles coming back to Friday nights?

--- End quote ---

I play Legacy a LOT & have gotten to know many of the casuals/semi serious players out there. All I here is complaints about this years league & how they don't like it. I think some of their complaints are a little harsh & unwarranted but Fri nights at Legacy sure hasn't been what it used to be.

I don't mind singles at all but I do also enjoy doubles too. My honest opinion is that half of the players complaining about singles just don't want to donate. The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

Jake B:

--- Quote from: Kelly Markum on June 21, 2013, 11:49:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jordan H on June 21, 2013, 11:32:09 AM --- Any chance of doubles coming back to Friday nights?

--- End quote ---

I play Legacy a LOT & have gotten to know many of the casuals/semi serious players out there. All I here is complaints about this years league & how they don't like it. I think some of their complaints are a little harsh & unwarranted but Fri nights at Legacy sure hasn't been what it used to be.

I don't mind singles at all but I do also enjoy doubles too. My honest opinion is that half of the players complaining about singles just don't want to donate. The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

--- End quote ---

It would be fun if people actually showed up at all. The 2 nights I ran league we had 6 people, 2 of them wanted to play am but didn't have a third to open the division so they played open to "donate" and have a good time. Meanwhile, I believe there were at least a dozen people playing on the course that would've thrown $7 down last year for random draw dubs that didn't want to play for KC Kash.  Personally, I don't really think the pay structure of KCFDC league is a real money maker so I mostly attend to have a good time and get some practice doing it.  I'd even entertain the idea of playing doubles if enough people showed up, but I don't think there's a payout structure setup with club for that. If you want to play doubles in the summer, they play every Sunday at 12:30 at Phill.

phisherman_77:

--- Quote from: Kelly Markum on June 21, 2013, 11:49:21 AM ---

--- End quote ---
The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

--- End quote ---

Or they enjoyed winning money by drawing one of the long bombers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version