Author Topic: LEGACY MINI 6/21 ***FIELD TRIP***  (Read 549 times)

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
LEGACY MINI 6/21 ***FIELD TRIP***
« on: June 21, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »
No Legacy League tonight... I suggest a saunter west for the Wacky Wyco Solstice Doubles.
Many of the 6 or so regulars said that's what they planned on doing.

Jordan H

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: LEGACY MINI 6/21 ***FIELD TRIP***
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
Man, the two weekends I can make it it's cancelled, bummer.  Any chance of doubles coming back to Friday nights?

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »
Any chance of doubles coming back to Friday nights?

I play Legacy a LOT & have gotten to know many of the casuals/semi serious players out there. All I here is complaints about this years league & how they don't like it. I think some of their complaints are a little harsh & unwarranted but Fri nights at Legacy sure hasn't been what it used to be.

I don't mind singles at all but I do also enjoy doubles too. My honest opinion is that half of the players complaining about singles just don't want to donate. The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:50:17 PM »

I play Legacy a LOT & have gotten to know many of the casuals/semi serious players out there. All I here is complaints about this years league & how they don't like it. I think some of their complaints are a little harsh & unwarranted but Fri nights at Legacy sure hasn't been what it used to be.

I don't mind singles at all but I do also enjoy doubles too. My honest opinion is that half of the players complaining about singles just don't want to donate. The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

It would be fun if people actually showed up at all. The 2 nights I ran league we had 6 people, 2 of them wanted to play am but didn't have a third to open the division so they played open to "donate" and have a good time. Meanwhile, I believe there were at least a dozen people playing on the course that would've thrown $7 down last year for random draw dubs that didn't want to play for KC Kash.  Personally, I don't really think the pay structure of KCFDC league is a real money maker so I mostly attend to have a good time and get some practice doing it.  I'd even entertain the idea of playing doubles if enough people showed up, but I don't think there's a payout structure setup with club for that. If you want to play doubles in the summer, they play every Sunday at 12:30 at Phill.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 12:54:18 PM »
The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

Or they enjoyed winning money by drawing one of the long bombers.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »

It would be fun if people actually showed up at all. The 2 nights I ran league we had 6 people, 2 of them wanted to play am but didn't have a third to open the division so they played open to "donate" and have a good time. Meanwhile, I believe there were at least a dozen people playing on the course that would've thrown $7 down last year for random draw dubs that didn't want to play for KC Kash.  Personally, I don't really think the pay structure of KCFDC league is a real money maker so I mostly attend to have a good time and get some practice doing it.  I'd even entertain the idea of playing doubles if enough people showed up, but I don't think there's a payout structure setup with club for that. If you want to play doubles in the summer, they play every Sunday at 12:30 at Phill.
[/quote]

You're the one running the league so I say do it how you want to. I am just stating what I hear from many of Legacy Patrons. I would think more people = more payout even if it was doubles.

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:12 PM »
The other half really enjoyed getting the chance watch & learn from the better players.

Or they enjoyed winning money by drawing one of the long bombers.

Some maybe but this is Lees Scummit & we burn $100 bills in the fireplace during summertime for fun!

Utz

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • Seeking: Chains
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 07:28:58 PM »
There will always be complaints, no matter what is done :)

ALso, doubles at Old Pike on tuesdays 6pm all year long.
Every putt, every time.
PDGA #50650
KCFDC #831

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 11:07:53 PM »
There will always be complaints, no matter what is done :)

ALso, doubles at Old Pike on tuesdays 6pm all year long.

And Swope! :)