Author Topic: 2013 Club Championships - November 9th-10th  (Read 3130 times)

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • Torque
Re: 2013 Club Championships
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:41 AM »
I used Wyco and Wilbur two years ago. I didn't say the 3rd. I said that I would want it a week before the elections. Nothing is in stone yet. The Chiefs bye weekend is  better weekend for the event. Also I haven't been asked to run it yet.

Well, for what it's worth, you did an outstanding job last year and it was a ton of fun.  Thanks Dick.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

"Put lots of torque on the Anal-hyzer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nYm-LYrJQA

coops

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »
I really hope its not 4 rounds. It sucks to commit to a full weekend for a free event...

Isn't it always 4 rounds?

And besides, it is always a blast and if you can't stomach not having the chance to make a little coin then maybe this isn't the right event for you.

Dietz

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
I think it would be cool to show a little love to the east side and play Legacy and Pleasant Hill.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »
I think that the goal is to have the event easy for people to get to and use courses that people enjoy, as well as club supported courses.  I personally think that whatever the decision is, some will be left off unhappy.  I do though hope that consideration is made for the "newer" courses, such as Lake Olathe in the decision.  Only club supported courses should be used for this event, and I am sure that it will be a tough decision as it always is to make the determination.

I think that historically it has been 2-MO and 2-KS side courses.  It is the CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP, not a daily event to be crowned King, we only do that at the Lion's Den! ;D

I hope to make it no matter when it is, always a good time for certain.  Personal choice would be Lake Olathe-SMP, then Battle of the Blues-Blue Springs, and the "Little" Blue Valley (It has never been used for the Championships)  None of these courses have seen a lot of action in the recent events, (Wide Open, E v. W.....)  So using the courses that we have that get less play for events may be something to think about.  I know that the drive is bad no matter what we do on the East side if you include Blue Springs or Legacy (another course not used as often in tourney play) so I think that there are some good course selection for the "non normal-anti-ANDY approved courses" that may be able to give more foot traffic to the courses accordingly.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
To my knowledge there has NEVER been a KCFDC event at Legacy. I know many people think it's a bland course. To some extent I agree. However, when it is set long, it's no gimme. For the sake of getting things moving at Legacy (the land out there has a LOT of potential for expansion), I think we should try to incorporate Legacy. It doesn't have to be for the Club Championships, but I think is LSPR sees how much attention a tourney can draw, maybe they will be a bit more willing to bend on the expansion and amending of the course.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:33 AM »
No way!  Jack suggesting TickLand for the Club Championships?  I'm in.   :P
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »
Eastern Front was a KCFDC and used there.  Not having a contract in place with the municipalities makes it difficult to hold events and be covered legally under our insurance as well.  Good talks are moving forward in discussions with LSPR, so I expect as more workdays and a working relationship develops that more events will be looked at on the course.

Tickland is already considered a KCFDC course, so that is part of the reasoning for my suggestion, even if I need a GPS and a gas stop to make it out there! ;D

I heard that Southwest was going to start to fly there from KCI, so I may fly down there accordingly! :o
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 04:45:35 PM »
I really hope its not 4 rounds. It sucks to commit to a full weekend for a free event...

And besides, it is always a blast and if you can't stomach not having the chance to make a little coin then maybe this isn't the right event for you.
This has not always been 4 rounds.It used to be 2 rounds. I used to say stuff about that format but after being set straight I understand why. Not everyone can play at some point that weekend and gives them an opportunity to play when they can. You can play half a round, 1 round, 3 rounds or the whole thing. You can play the course of your choicee out of the ones decided upon if you want. It doesn't matter and thats because its not only a tournament but its fun.
Steven Disc Glover

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:45 PM »

I suppose I'll try and "Stomach" my way to a 3-0 record... :P

As long as it isn't the first week in October...
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

coops

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »

This has not always been 4 rounds.It used to be 2 rounds. I used to say stuff about that format but after being set straight I understand why. Not everyone can play at some point that weekend and gives them an opportunity to play when they can. You can play half a round, 1 round, 3 rounds or the whole thing. You can play the course of your choicee out of the ones decided upon if you want. It doesn't matter and thats because its not only a tournament but its fun.

How about this: Since 2005 (as far as forum records go back) it has been a four round event.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 05:00:23 PM »

How about this: Since 2005 (as far as forum records go back) it has been a four round event.
I'm not sure when it switched. Rick, Jack or Dick could tell you more exact details.
Steven Disc Glover

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
Wow.  We gripe about everything.  It's a free tournament.  Can't play in it?  Work your way up the bag tag ladder.  Personally, I've been working my way down the bag tag shoot.

KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 05:28:59 PM »
4 rounds over two days allows more people the opportunity to play in the event. For those who want a shot at the title, and or the best tag, have to drag their way through all 4 rounds. Some people can play Saturday and others on Sunday. It's nice to give people as many chances to play.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

coops

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 05:42:03 PM »
4 rounds over two days allows more people the opportunity to play in the event. For those who want a shot at the title, and or the best tag, have to drag their way through all 4 rounds. Some people can play Saturday and others on Sunday. It's nice to give people as many chances to play.

Besides the fact that four rounds to determine our club champion makes the most sense, and is the most fun!

I won't even be there and I want it to be four rounds.

Suggestion: if you want a way to make some coin initiate side bets. I made like $80 one year with the overall round skins competition one year by being the only person to birdie hole 1 at Swope. Or play skins.

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »
Sooo... Dates?
Adam Johnson