Author Topic: Lost at Legacy  (Read 435 times)

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
Lost at Legacy
« on: June 25, 2013, 03:05:30 PM »
Was playing out at Legacy with my brother and sent my green Force and a glow Boss with '12 KCWO stamp over the fence into the cities work area. The force has been inked with my info but the boss was new and unmarked. Is there someone I can contact to get these back from there? I've heard stories that many discs never find their way home and I would hate to lose either of this discs...
Throw farther, not harder...
PDGA#52809
2014 Tags: 20

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Lost at Legacy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
Just had meeting with LSPR last night.  Go to their offices there at the disc golf course (entrance is towards #9) during office hours and they can help you.  Just don't climb the fence.  Normal hours are 8am-4:30pm. As a side note:  Look for an announcement for a workday out at Legacy in the next few weeks.   

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
Awesome! Thanks, man! Will stop by there tomorrow during lunch.
PDGA#52809

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
Update on my lost discs: I finally got a chance to talk to Scott at LS P&R and unfortunately it looks like somebody climbed the fence and took both the disks because nither were turned in. Scott was very courteous and apologetic but those discs most likely won't be coming back home.
Now, I'm generally a peaceful minded guy but if you find someone throwing a green force with a purple stamp and has my name on the back or a whole lot of blacked out stuffon the back, you have my full permission to kick a thief in the taint  >:(
PDGA#52809

spnachio

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
Update on my lost discs: I finally got a chance to talk to Scott at LS P&R and unfortunately it looks like somebody climbed the fence and took both the disks because nither were turned in. Scott was very courteous and apologetic but those discs most likely won't be coming back home.
Now, I'm generally a peaceful minded guy but if you find someone throwing a green force with a purple stamp and has my name on the back or a whole lot of blacked out stuffon the back, you have my full permission to kick a thief in the taint  >:(

Make the world a better place, punch a disc thief in the face!

bbjon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 04:20:02 PM »

Did you ask if you could go look around?  I've done that before.  Unless they land in front of the shed or some place visible, it may be a while before they find the discs.  I always make a note of where they are, or I think they might be (I've landed a few in the mulch pits).  They could have slid under some equipment, or other junk that's around the fence area.  If they landed in the wide open where other people can see them, then I'm afraid you are probably correct in that someone climbed the fence.   
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

andyportwood

• Pro Poster
  • Disc Golf Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 05:17:12 PM »
Yeah, they were pretty well in the open, taunting me from over the fence, urging me to break regulation and hop over but, alas, I am too honest for my own good. But Scott really appreciated that I contacted P&R rather than putting myself or their equipment at risk of harm. Sadly the discs are a loss but I've already replaced them and I have Lee's Summit P&R on speed dial now  :P
PDGA#52809