Author Topic: Down Under Single Disc 7/2 at 9:00 AM  (Read 2592 times)

coops

Re: Down Under Single Disc 7/2 at 9:00 AM
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
If there is no store credit offered (I know there was, but I'm trying to get at the hypothetical core of the issue) how would this 'event' be any different than 20 people agreeing to get together and make a little wager while loafing?

Mike Hyzer

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2013, 05:56:00 PM »
If there is no store credit offered (I know there was, but I'm trying to get at the hypothetical core of the issue) how would this 'event' be any different than 20 people agreeing to get together and make a little wager while loafing?

Yep, doesn't have to be an event. I say we commence this idea, loafer style.
KCFDC #890
PDGA#55555

coops

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 08:30:18 PM »
Might be interested. Have to see if I can get approval to show up to work a little later than normal.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 05:47:02 AM »
Hell, I was gonna play in it too...

Just wanted to make sure all Tee's were crossed and Eye's dotted....
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

robm

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
EVENT CANCELLED!!!!  Sorry

Anybody noticed how this cancellation was done by Milenorthkmco but the original posting was done by MileNorthKCMO.

What up?
KCFDC: 1507
PDGA: 51540
Tournament map: http://goo.gl/maps/AAYAj

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
Jeez,

I learned a lot in my Friday morning(avoid doing any kind of work) forum reading.  Thanks KCFDC.

Now, who wants to loaf with some super-class discs on 4th of July morning for a little bling on the side. I vote Swope, but will play wherever.  I will move this to swope forum also.
Joe Hesting

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »

Anybody noticed how this cancellation was done by Milenorthkmco but the original posting was done by MileNorthKCMO.

What up?

I was in the shop this past weekend and the event is indeed cancelled.  I'm not sure why another user name was created, but the store owner did tell me the event was cancelled. 

The rest of the conversation left me with a sour taste; I probably won't be back...and I'm going to leave it at that.
Jordan Hinck
Team Latitude 64
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:07 AM »

What up?

I'm not sure why another user name was created....

His original account was deleted somehow and that seems to remain a mystery. But he created a new account that was in place the next morning with the slightly misspelled name. I re-associated all of his prior posts with the new account and modified his account name to be the same as his previous account. His account is now back to normal.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 05:40:55 PM »

What up?

I was in the shop this past weekend and the event is indeed cancelled.  I'm not sure why another user name was created, but the store owner did tell me the event was cancelled. 

The rest of the conversation left me with a sour taste; I probably won't be back...and I'm going to leave it at that.
Not going to be back where?
Steven Disc Glover

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »

I'm assuming Mile North

mperry

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »

I'm assuming Mile North
Correct. I was told what happened and agree on the decision to spend my money elsewhere.
Matt perry

dbolyard

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
Besides KCFDC, I'm also a LBG (Lawrence Brewer's Guild) forum rat.  They most important part of the forum locks out people that have not paid dues.  Personally, I think it is awesome.

ekolk - going back to when we met the first time at a board meeting - if I had to pay dues, I would have joined sooner.

the FEEDGA also does this, though I believe you can read anything, but have to be current to post...

I also think its a great idea....

This ^ Not a bad idea for an exclusive organization like the PDGA.  How exclusive does a local disc golf club need to be?
Kansas city is a hub for disc golf.  As far as I can see, this forum is hands down the best place for new players, and disc golfers passing through, to find out when, where, and how to get plugged in.

Has anyone else ever encountered difficulty accessing other club forums when traveling, when all you want to do is find out when/where local events are being held?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
We actually have a great website, kcfdc.org, which has all that great information on it in pretty colors. You don't have to wade through all the forums to find that info. The Forum serves a purpose though i will admit. Hopefully one day we can integrate the two together so you will no longer leave that pretty site of ours to come here.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dbolyard

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
I agree with you that kcfdc.org is the best place to start.   I guess I'm commenting from the inside, since I know the forum offers details that you don't get initially from kcfdc.org.  An example would be the OP event that almost happened, or local golfers reaching out to other players for a round somewhere.  Perhaps new or outside golfers will take to the forums to scout out local attitudes, or competition.  Whatever picture is painted in someone's mind after visiting here depends on what they come here to find.  There's plenty of good stuff to be found here, but it is an online discussion board... ::)

kevweiss

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2013, 10:26:07 PM »
Just curious what courses around KC are kcfdc courses?