Author Topic: Latitude 64 Pure  (Read 330 times)

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
Latitude 64 Pure
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »
Does anyone use the Latitude 64 Pure to putt?  If so, what does it compare to?  Just curious.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

jhinck2

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Latitude 64 Pure
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:46:34 AM »
I think Adam Cossette used to (or still does)...check with him
Jordan Hinck
PDGA #45624
KCFDC #1339

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
Adam Cossette is the only person I can think of. As far as I know they seem to have a straighter flight than a Judge or KCP Aviar. A lot of people say they are good for driving and excellent for approach shots.

joots

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
I picked one up due to its likeness to the Judge, except beadless. I wasn't comfortable with it enough putting, but fell in love with it on approaches. The stability is excellent, and is excellent up hill with a slight hyzer, and it will sit down with little or no roll. It doesn't seem to have much glide, so just put it on a flat line and watch it go. I even bought a back up and practice with it a lot.
Boom goes the Dynamite!

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »
Thanks guys!
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

AdamC

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Yeah, I've been throwing Pure's for over a year and a half now and have nothing but great things to say about them. 

I originally switched over after putting with Magic's for the longest time.  My main complaint with Gateway is their lack of consistency in the plastic, making it a total guessing game when ordering online.  Sometimes that disc labeled as SSS comes to you feeling like a firm instead.  Bleh :/

Anyways, pick one up and see if it feels good in your hands.  The disc itself has a fairly shallow rim compared to something like a Wizard, and has a pronounced beveled edge making it pretty unique.  I think it's the best feeling putter on the market, and the Lat64 zero line plastic is hands down my favorite plastic for circle putting.  Be advised that the zero line gets banged up pretty quickly if you are using it off the tee.

As far as flight, they are pretty neutral to slightly understable with a good amount of glide.  It's not going to handle a strong headwind without turning over, but in calm conditions it's stable enough to not have to worry about overpowering it.  I've heard the Opto version referred to as a mini-Buzzz, and I couldn't agree more.  Put it on it's line and watch it go towards the target. 

Give it a shot if interested, I love it but YMMV.  I use the grippy zero-soft line for putting, and the Opto exclusively for all tee and upshots. 

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
Thanks Adam!  Yeah, you touched on my main reason for asking.  I have been using the Gateway Warlock for a number of years but you're right regarding the consistency of the plastic.  I love the grippiness of the SSS or Organic plastic but lately have been disappointed with a few I've ordered.

From what I have read about the Pure, seems like most folks are using this off the tee or for upshots.  I want something for strictly putting.  I will stop by DD sometime soon and have a look at both the Zero and Opto plastics.
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705