Author Topic: Road trip  (Read 222 times)

Aaron

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Road trip
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »
So my family and I took a road trip this week. The agreement was I would only play three times. First course was Moab Utah. I highly recommend this course!  Decent layout and very good tee signs. Only down side was about half the holes were blind shots, a spotter would be huge here. Side note, don't use soft plastic such as wizards,voodoo,judges. When you hit a cactus, and you will, it takes forever to get all the needles out.
Next I played Page AZ. Don't waste your time going here!!  No pads, no tee signs, no numbers on baskets. The only way to tell where to tee off from is a white circle painted on a rock, problem is its the desert, there are thousands of rocks. So I pretty much had to make up my own course. Oh and they painted the baskets to stand out, good idea except they painted the chains too, bad idea. Course has huge potential, I'm guessing they either don't have the funds or knowledge of the game.
Lastly I played Alamosa CO.. Love this course, not long but Definitly technical with all the trees and dead fall, very well layed out!! I believe the locals must take great care of this course, every pad had a broom to clear off the sand. I was pleased with my 48 while looking for mountain lions to attack, there was a sign warning of it and how to fend off one. Great trip, can't wait till Oct for my next one down to New Orleans.
Calm down, this is just for fun.

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Road trip
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »
Sounds like good timeszzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It always feels good to get the opportunity to see those "other" kewl courses. I'm feelin lucky to go to Emporia.........
DZ