Author Topic: Wanted: perennials for landscaping  (Read 1733 times)

Mad Dog

Wanted: perennials for landscaping
« on: April 20, 2005, 12:18:13 PM »
First off, I would like to thank Jamie for installing the first flower bed at tee 7 with Irises and a Rose bush.
  Secondly I am asking those of you who have yards and are removing plants that return every year (perennials) and are DISCarding them to please contact me. I would like to add small bushes, ground covering plants as well as flowers to various location around the course.
  Both types of plants are needed, those that grow well in the sun as well as those that like the shade.
   As a groundskeeper, I don't make Disc Golf beauty, I make Disc Golf more beautiful.
   Christian

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 12:47:05 PM »
Man i would love to see more flowers out there, might i suggest wild flower seeds
Mike Penney

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »
I got some tiger Lilly's for you...
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Mad Dog

More plants
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »
The greening of Cliff Drive continues . The 13th tee now has Lilies, Irises, and Columbine. All of the donated plants seem to be taking a hold in their new dics world enviroment. Thanks to Kate and also Jack.

Next area to be developed is the grounds around 14th tee. One, I am looking for a low ground covering plant that would do well in light shade to sunny conditions. I wish to hold the soil on the edge of the cliff and yet not obstruct the view downward towards the pond. Secondly, Tim has pledged plants and I am looking for more perennial plants that are suited for sunny beds. I want to set a bed on either side of the tee, and would also like to put some bushes next to the bench. As much as I may like to transplant George and Laura, I don't think that it is really what we want on this golf course.

The courses of Kansas City don't just grow they need to be planted.

All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks, Mad Dog Nnam

Psychoholic

• Pro Poster
  • Beer snob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 03:23:47 PM »
Is the Columbine the one that attracks the Humming Birds? Looks like the one on pink floyd The Wall...
Home #: 816-308-1000
E-mail: tkienzle22@yahoo.com KCFDC:759
TEK II        :^)

Mad Dog

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 08:52:46 AM »
Columbine is a native plant that is at home in the woods. Where or not it attracts humming birds is something I don't know.