Author Topic: *Insert Positive Forum Post Here*  (Read 2386 times)

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: *Insert Positive Forum Post Here*
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 05:26:48 PM »
don't forget bagger klien-mo takeing adv grandmasters

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 02:38:38 PM »
Kansas City isn't humid.

It's good to live in a disc golf mecca.

You can always find someone to have a competitive round with here.

Special thanks to all who go out of their way to help develop the skills of other players.  Wink to LaRon Harris.  What a great person and instructor.

We have amazing people who run leagues almost every day of the week.  You guys rock and I thank you after every league, but it still doesn't feel like thanks enough.

Jack Lowe carries extra plastic in his car just to give away to people who are brand new to the sport.  If he sees them throwing a Frisbee, he hooks them up with something more suitable.  What a great idea this is.  I'm adopting it and keeping some dx plastic in my car to give away and expand our influence even more.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 05:47:37 PM »
LaRon Harris made you feel like he cared about you more than just a co-disc golfer.
Todd Henry and Otto Spiers are fun to play golf with. When Deb is with Otto, she makes things even more fun.
Fred  Smith talks about me making that wild ass 250 ft. birdie after a super crappy drive on the hidden hole 2 at WW. At least he used to.
Pete Cashen is helpful in showing different techniques.
Tavish Carduff directed some excellent KC disc golf days
K-Mont introduced me to the sport. Some may not agree this is as positive.
Steven Disc Glover

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »
Went to play a round at Fox Hill Flyer last evening. I was there about a month ago and the woods were filled with trash. I went this time with trash bags expecting to play a slow round while filling bags. Someone shows that course love! It looked wonderful. It would be enough to make Cooper send letters if it was known what group did the pick up. ;D  I managed to fill two very small bags while playing.

Also, the course was really busy. Saw Johnny D. and many other singles and groups. As I was leaving there was a Mom, Grandma, and two kids starting. All were throwing discs.

I managed to break par for the first time on the course too.

Fox Hill = Positive Trifecta.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 10:51:03 AM »
Hey Teddy,  I got to give Bill Lentz at Fox Hill much love. He is an amazing guy.  Soooo much work went into that place and Bill made it happen.  He does not even play disc golf, yet has built a successful course and has folks exercising in a lifetime fitness activity.  How awesome is it to have kids, parents, and grandparents playing together.  Bill has to do so much of the maintenance and knew that prior to the course going in and yet still openly embraced the concept of disc golf. 

I know he appreciates the work of the local disc golfers helping keep the course clean. 

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 11:01:43 AM »
Jose-Thanks for the kind words, sometimes those aren't even DX plastic! :-)  I enjoy getting the right equipment in the right hands.

Ted/John Thanks for putting in another great place to keep our sport moving.  AS some contemplate the pay to play notion vs. the public Private sector, remember please that thousands if not millions of hours have been done by work of volunteers here in KC to give to our sport and community.  We have all arguments about this and that, but overall, we have had an exceptional amount of work given by our community, some of which are still with us, some have passed, some have moved on. 

We are very fortunate to have had many before do the work that we enjoy, and I for one am appreciative to work towards the continuation of improving disc golf in the area.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
Lest we not speak of our great Tech Team and the changes that they have worked towards to make our site the best in disc golf as well!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 01:32:05 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
Lest we not speak of are great Tech Team and the changes that they have worked towards to make our site the best in disc golf as well!

Here, here!! I think the site is better than ever now, and I have heard it's going to improve even more. Thanks Technotypes!

ian

• Pro Poster
  • Throw as hard as you can
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel Party Disc Golf
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
There can't be a more active DG club forum online.

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 04:37:34 PM »
Lest we not speak of are great Tech Team and the changes that they have worked towards to make our site the best in disc golf as well!

Here, here!! I think the site is better than ever now, and I have heard it's going to improve even more. Thanks Technotypes!

Thanks guys! More improvements are in the works. Our goal in the near term is to get some members only access available to give membership some value added content.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

coops

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
Went to play a round at Fox Hill Flyer last evening. I was there about a month ago and the woods were filled with trash. I went this time with trash bags expecting to play a slow round while filling bags. Someone shows that course love! It looked wonderful. It would be enough to make Cooper send letters if it was known what group did the pick up. ;D  I managed to fill two very small bags while playing.

Also, the course was really busy. Saw Johnny D. and many other singles and groups. As I was leaving there was a Mom, Grandma, and two kids starting. All were throwing discs.

I managed to break par for the first time on the course too.

Fox Hill = Positive Trifecta.

Good idea if:
1. We knew who it was.
2. They weren't DG related.
3. We could get more people to do it. One or two emails is good. Twenty is great. That is the sweet spot.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
Cooper,
in case you were being sincere, ???, here is the contact info for the pe teacher responsible for getting 25-30k worth of work done for around 8k.  Most folks do not realize the cost of building a woods course and reclaiming land.  He made it happen and a thank you would be appreciated. Also, thanks to Steve Dresser who has worked hard up there using his own skid steer, spending his own time and money, to help dig out extra short kiddie pads. 

Attn: Bill Lentz
Fox Hill Elementary School‎
545 N.E. 106th Street
Kansas City, MO 64155

here is the number in case you would personally like to thank him.  each employee has his own voicemail (816) 413-6500

coops

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
Or probably mail instead. Phone calls are a little intrusive and I'm not a strong conversationalist when it comes to small talk. A letter will let me say what I want to simply and perhaps more elegantly.

Thanks John!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
I also would hate to fail to mention the entire team of volunteers that helped in this years Wide Open to make it work.  Also the community at large in DG some of which have helped pull off the biggest event of its time, and the Worlds before that.  Kansas City has hosted 3 world Championship events over the past 15 years, Part of the initial "super tour" series, then the inaugural "National Tour" series, and countless events and charitable efforts to bring Disc Golf to many parts of our community that wouldn't have been here if it weren't for the constant work behind the scenes that many do.

Many of these people don't read in here, and many will never get the thanks they deserve.  A tradition of history though spreads throughout the community.  Though some will join only once as a member and feel the need to leave to go do their own thing, one thing is certain, we all enjoy this sport and work to make it better where we can.  Locally, , regionally, nationally, and internationally.  You tell anyone as you travel that you are from Kansas City when you are out disc golfing, and the chances of them knowing someone from here is about 95%, their chances of knowing someone you know area about 75%.  Try doing that in other city or area in the world.

We have great people here.  We have Hall of Fame members from here and they consider KC home.  We have opinionated brats (raising hand at self here) that fuel fires, but most of all, we all have a love for our sport, and we are truly blessed to be in a community that loves the sport as much as you do.

It is quite simple, KC Disc Golf is the best place in the world to play.  Like it or not, you have places here near and dear to your heart.  You will keep those memories always, and for that we are a positive impact on the community.

Thanks to all of you that help to support the sport!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
Reading that also made me realize that we have some of the best park departments to work with.  Each one takes pride at ensuring that our voices are heard, and for that not only are positive, but it helps to build this community stronger!

Those partnerships are what have fueled the explosion of disc golf over the last decade, and that is what will continue to make more and more places available to play for us all.

Thanks to all the P&R's that have helped and continue to help us with moving our sport forward!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"