Author Topic: Rules: Are the PDGA rules generally to be observed during each round  (Read 1088 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Rules: Are the PDGA rules generally to be observed during each round
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 03:13:38 PM »
having started in ball golf, it sure would be nice to play a league round where people in the group would stop talking when someone is throwing.

lol
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 03:41:21 PM »
Maybe this is all why nobody ever responds to my threads or joins me for a round.
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

NOSOLOGLOWYO

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »
having started in ball golf, it sure would be nice to play a league round where people in the

Did you guys see that number of shots that guy took on the police over there, I wonder where all the keys go when they get lost, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, where did that hole used to be, when did they paint those lines, where are they going to be showing us how to add our scores, does CD really need to go over there to look, he isn't even in our group, did you hear about what Stiles did to that guy over there?

group would stop talking when someone is throwing.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:13 PM »
don't ever play with Gabby lol
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

gleauzzzinier

• Am Poster
  • please stop talking while people are throwing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 06:14:36 PM »
ask them to stop talking, but it also helps u to learn how to focus on ur shot or drive without being distracted. Playing with 2 pugs also helps
brilliant! never thought of that.
where do you wear your plugs?

mpetrin

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
ask them to stop talking, but it also helps u to learn how to focus on ur shot or drive without being distracted. Playing with 2 pugs also helps
brilliant! never thought of that.
where do you wear your plugs?
I don't wear my pugs
Don't bug me, I'm trying to putt

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 05:24:17 PM »
play beer league than go ahead and b%tch

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
There were plenty of RUles interpretation violations at Worlds this past week.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
There were plenty of RUles interpretation violations at Worlds this past week.....

I think rules interpretation is a funny topic, When we had to wait around for our 5th round to start at Peter Pan, There was some chaos with the advanced dudes warming up while competitors were still playing the course. I heard a lot of 'technically they have to give us x amount of time to warm up, technically we cant start warming up until 10 minutes out etc etc.'

I once had a dude tell me that to mark your disc for competition it had to be with a black sharpie marker. I just laugh at these folks and move on.

But i do wonder where they have read these rules
Adam Johnson

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »

I think rules interpretation is a funny topic, When we had to wait around for our 5th round to start at Peter Pan, There was some chaos with the advanced dudes warming up while competitors were still playing the course. I heard a lot of 'technically they have to give us x amount of time to warm up, technically we cant start warming up until 10 minutes out etc etc.'

I once had a dude tell me that to mark your disc for competition it had to be with a black sharpie marker. I just laugh at these folks and move on.

But i do wonder where they have read these rules

Had a guy during our last round at Jones West actually ask if he could get a "do-over" on a missed putt because another guy on our card was in his line of vision and moved just as he was putting, ostensibly making him miss. Funny thing was... the other two guys on the card said okay and he picked up his disc and went to putt again from the same spot as if he were serious. I about had a conniption. It was difficult to remain diplomatic and civil when confronted with such a ludicrous situation. I ended up talking him into taking a provisional so we could get a ruling later. Then throughout the round I would bring it up and eventually everyone agreed to drop it and he'd take the six instead of the five from his "do-over" because they all agreed that it probably wasn't a legal move..... DUH.....   :o

There's something you won't even see in casual play usually. A do-over... WTF! Then I began to realize why I was so far down in my division. Silly me, I had been honestly playing by the rules the entire time...   :P

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
ams are still learning from each other, encourage them.
espouse elucidation

coops

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
ams are still learning from each other, encourage them.

Yeah, for sure. I've never called anyone for anything during league but I have tried to let them know if they were persistently doing something that would come back to bite them later. It is much better to get that sort of information in a semi-competitive round than in a tournament.

The Nailer™

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »
I usually take a poll and ask the other players if its in question.  They are usually fair.  If they are not...I leave. 
"I sure hope The Nailer™ doesn't find it..."

NOSOLOGLOWYO

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 08:44:05 AM »
My casual rounds always include tags, 2 off the tee on hole 1, gimme putts within 5ft for everyone, beer, disc flippin' and OB penalties. This is basically the same at league minus the 2 drives off the tee.

A lot of people do two off the tee on hole 1.  I surely hope they don't count those rounds if they score a personal best ... cuz it's not.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

asjzn6

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
I saw a lot of provisionals used at worlds, I saw a dude in the water with tall grass near the shore and to my best opinion it was ob and obviously so. another dude on the card says lets take a picture and says play a provisional. It was weird to think people just take provisionals just to ask the TD. I was the bearer of bad news   in a few cases.
Adam Johnson