Author Topic: Hole Distances  (Read 1298 times)

pmart

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hole Distances
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 08:43:23 AM »
First let me say that hole 12 in the long position is freakin' awesome, I love it.  With that, I can't see any way possible getting a birdie on that hole unless it is a lucky second shot over the treeline that crashes the chains, or very lucky shot through a 5' wide low ceiling tunnel.  Either way they are not putts on the second shot, they are throws.  This would lead me to believe it is more of a par 4.  Just my thoughts and opinion, but like I said, I love Birdland and I love the new pin positions.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2014, 09:14:03 AM »
It is a short par 4. Imho.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »
short 1 is an eyesore and 12 long is a genius placement with ample options for a 3
espouse elucidation

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 10:05:21 AM »
short 1 is an eyesore and 12 long is a genius placement with ample options for a 3

I don't disagree that there aren't ample options for a 3 on that hole, but a par 3 should have at least some option for a 2 with a great drive.  Ask Jake, he said he bombed a drive and was pin high on the right.  But he didn't have an option on a putt just an easy upshot?  I like the hole even though I didn't get up and down.   Wind had plenty to do with it for me and my thumber needs some work. 

Jake B

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 12:07:06 PM »

I don't disagree that there aren't ample options for a 3 on that hole, but a par 3 should have at least some option for a 2 with a great drive.  Ask Jake, he said he bombed a drive and was pin high on the right.  But he didn't have an option on a putt just an easy upshot?  I like the hole even though I didn't get up and down.   Wind had plenty to do with it for me and my thumber needs some work. 

Though my drive was pin high, it was still 120' to the right of the pin with no visibility. It was not an easy up shot. I would agree that hole 12 long is a par 4 unless every cedar near the basket (the ones on the right) was trimmed to about 6' off the ground like they did on 8's cedars. Then it would be another of many tweeners on that course.

tmattoon

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2014, 05:38:08 PM »
There were nice tee signs out there with distances and some future pin locations.