KCFDC Courses > Legacy Park - Lee's Summit

7-19 Dubs

<< < (2/4) > >>

discglover:
Were all the Homie rules enforced? Yelling during any moment except while driving is encouraged. Dollar skins. 20 holes. $5 per person for best overall score. AND the loser takes home the doll plus calls next place for Homie. If you do not win anything the total cost is $25. Are the dolls and the  wooden wine box still around? Last I heard Steve Dresser had the box with the dolls. we used to play at 9am on sundays but usually after the tournament season. plus after the Ams started dwindling in numbers we started allowing pros. Guaranteed to make your concentration better for tournament play.
Maybe we can drum up interest in bringing Homie back.

Kelly Markum:

--- Quote from: KCVinnie on July 20, 2013, 11:08:11 AM ---The best part of the night was that we had a club league, we threw plastic, some better than others, and I think most people had fun.

Kelly has done a great job taking the bull by the horn out there and took most of the circus in stride and head on.  I'm sure these lessons will continue to help him run a great league.

Looking forward to next Friday!

--- End quote ---

& that's why I like you Vince...I think Weiss says it best, "we are grown men throwing Frisbees, lets act like it"... I do like having an Ace fund now as well. Although I gotta tell you I certainly hope these "lessons" don't continue. I hate to potty train at gunpoint but next time we are gona line peeps up , double count, double count the cards, line people up & I will just go down the row letting people draw cards to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Is it weird I am more excited about this Sunday work day than next Friday???

Kelly Markum:
There was also a grey & blue adidas hat left in the grass...I picked it up & will bring it next week

Flying J:

--- Quote from: Kelly Markum on July 20, 2013, 03:55:21 PM --- Although I gotta tell you I certainly hope these "lessons" don't continue. I hate to potty train at gunpoint but next time we are gona line peeps up , double count, double count the cards, line people up & I will just go down the row letting people draw cards to make sure that doesn't happen again.

--- End quote ---

What is upsetting is that this happens a lot in the East random draw doubles.  This is why it was particularly frustrating to BJ.  It happens too often, and it shouldn't.  Worst of all, it happened twice.  If you get a good partner (doesn't have to be a skilled player, it can be someone you like) and there's a re-draw, it can sour anyone's mood.  That affects your game before it even begins.  I was going to walk off if there was a third re-draw. 

As a consequence of all this, we started our round at 6:30 pm.  That's ridiculous.  All leagues begin at 6 pm, meaning the cards are written prior to 6 o'clock.  What happens when we start this late?  You can't have a proper playoff because it's too dark to play, so it's all settled with a luck shot contest.  Super lame. 

P.S. You must have a hard cutoff time.  If you're late, you're late (unless you call ahead letting the league director know you're running a little behind).  It's not fair for Cali to get lumped with the late guy.  Classic BS move.

Flying J:
I said I wasn't returning to this league, but it left me so pissed off that I'm definitely returning to earn my money back. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version