Author Topic: 7-19 Dubs  (Read 637 times)

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
7-19 Dubs
« on: July 19, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
Random dubs tonight at legacy. Last chance to putt on discatchers with old rusty chain. Everyone needs to take notes on how many putts sneak out tonight & then compare it to next week with brand new chains. Let's get a distinctive answer on this whole basket catching discussion.  :P

Draw cards at 6, sending out cards immediately after. Next week the FTL is going to join us. We will have refreshments (a few of Palmers favorite beers Yeungling ), burgers & such, & a few cash $$$$  CTP's .
"You really can sing and dance! " -- Whiskey

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 7-19 Dubs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:33:40 AM »
I'll be there tonight and hope I get no cut-throughs.
Jose Ossa
Southern Nationals raised.
#1000bound

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
Had 24 out but after a redraw fiasco a sixem decided to play homie golf & we went to 18peeps. Then the drama got real...We had a 4 way tie for 1st place at 46.  The 8 people in 1st place voted to do a CTP on hole 9 for winner take all. Jason M & Kyle Nix won $54...When I was getting my basket & leaving the other people on that scorecard asked to look at it & said that Jason M & Kyle had incorrect scores down for their round & really had a 47 making them not tied for 1st. I don't know if their is anything we can do at this point but whoever took the score down had all 3 teams getting a 2 on hole #5 & the two other teams said that was incorrect. It looks like scores for hole#5 never got taken down & then started taking hole 6 scores on the spot for hole 5. If this is true it really sucks for the people who won CTP to take it all if they shouldn't have been in it at all. I still consider my self a winner though because I had the most fun.  :o

$15 got in the Ace fund. Can I get an accurate ace fund total so I can start keeping track of that???

Now the stats:

Kyle & Jason ---46? / 47???? $54 winner take all
Paul B & Kelly ---46
Kevin W & Jordan H #1--- 46
Matt H & Levi R --- 46

Dan K & Gary ---47
Jose & Steve P ---47

Vince "The Gentleman" Como & Adam ---52

Tom V & Charles B ---53

Matt "Los Crutcheros" & Adam South ---54

Next week is the last Friday of the month & we will be teaming up with Friday Traveling League for a doubles extravaganza!!! The FTL crew is going to do their normal thing at 1pm, I will be starting to grill around 4:15-4:20 on Friday. Free Burgers, Free Beer to those who can make it. We will draw cards for doubles at 6pm & send cards out after. Do both if you can but just make sure you come out!!!!

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
Wow, that sounds like a mess.  I'm glad it wasn't me.  Glad you had fun though.  Sorry I couldn't make it to add to the drama. 

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »
The best part of the night was that we had a club league, we threw plastic, some better than others, and I think most people had fun.

Kelly has done a great job taking the bull by the horn out there and took most of the circus in stride and head on.  I'm sure these lessons will continue to help him run a great league.

Looking forward to next Friday!
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 02:49:22 PM »
Were all the Homie rules enforced? Yelling during any moment except while driving is encouraged. Dollar skins. 20 holes. $5 per person for best overall score. AND the loser takes home the doll plus calls next place for Homie. If you do not win anything the total cost is $25. Are the dolls and the  wooden wine box still around? Last I heard Steve Dresser had the box with the dolls. we used to play at 9am on sundays but usually after the tournament season. plus after the Ams started dwindling in numbers we started allowing pros. Guaranteed to make your concentration better for tournament play.
Maybe we can drum up interest in bringing Homie back.
Steven Disc Glover

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 03:55:21 PM »
The best part of the night was that we had a club league, we threw plastic, some better than others, and I think most people had fun.

Kelly has done a great job taking the bull by the horn out there and took most of the circus in stride and head on.  I'm sure these lessons will continue to help him run a great league.

Looking forward to next Friday!

& that's why I like you Vince...I think Weiss says it best, "we are grown men throwing Frisbees, lets act like it"... I do like having an Ace fund now as well. Although I gotta tell you I certainly hope these "lessons" don't continue. I hate to potty train at gunpoint but next time we are gona line peeps up , double count, double count the cards, line people up & I will just go down the row letting people draw cards to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Is it weird I am more excited about this Sunday work day than next Friday???

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
There was also a grey & blue adidas hat left in the grass...I picked it up & will bring it next week

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »
Although I gotta tell you I certainly hope these "lessons" don't continue. I hate to potty train at gunpoint but next time we are gona line peeps up , double count, double count the cards, line people up & I will just go down the row letting people draw cards to make sure that doesn't happen again.

What is upsetting is that this happens a lot in the East random draw doubles.  This is why it was particularly frustrating to BJ.  It happens too often, and it shouldn't.  Worst of all, it happened twice.  If you get a good partner (doesn't have to be a skilled player, it can be someone you like) and there's a re-draw, it can sour anyone's mood.  That affects your game before it even begins.  I was going to walk off if there was a third re-draw. 

As a consequence of all this, we started our round at 6:30 pm.  That's ridiculous.  All leagues begin at 6 pm, meaning the cards are written prior to 6 o'clock.  What happens when we start this late?  You can't have a proper playoff because it's too dark to play, so it's all settled with a luck shot contest.  Super lame. 

P.S. You must have a hard cutoff time.  If you're late, you're late (unless you call ahead letting the league director know you're running a little behind).  It's not fair for Cali to get lumped with the late guy.  Classic BS move.

Jose Ossa
#1000bound

Flying J

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 02:15:49 AM »
I said I wasn't returning to this league, but it left me so pissed off that I'm definitely returning to earn my money back. 
Jose Ossa
#1000bound

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
47's should do the honorable thing
espouse elucidation

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:43:39 AM »
He is new to this cut him some slack.  He will get better.  I would suggest playoff would be better than CTP for 1st ties, make them play glow.  For 2nd or 3rd places, probably ok.

Doubles format is a lot of fun but unfortunately harder to get organized than singles.  And redraws are common.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 08:28:29 AM »
On a side note: WyCo league was a blast once again this week!

;D

WEST SIDE!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Kelly Markum

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 10:34:46 AM »
Jose, this is the 1st time I have had the cards not get drawn correctly & you're right it shouldn't happen so that is happening too often.  Most leagues are singles which allow the LD to set up cards prior to 6pm, drawing cards for doubles at 6pm is how it is & how it is going to be. If you want to start exactly at 6pm, this is not the league for you. If your reason to come back next week is because you're "so pissed off you're definitely returning to earn  your money back"  I'll pay you $6 to not play.

As far as the CTP for winner take all if you weren't tied for 1st it doesn't concern you. The 8 people who it concerned voted & the majority said CTP for all of the cash. Weiss & Hippie didn't want to do that at all but they got out voted.

KCVinnie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 01:05:43 PM »
On a side note: WyCo league was a blast once again this week!

;D

WEST SIDE!
Great to hear!  If our less educated, inferior talent brothers on the wrong side can get it figured out, the sky is the limit for the EAST SIDE! ;D ;D
Vince
"Driving for show, putting for dough."
2014 Bag Tags: 185 to 8 to 202